I know this post is about a month overdue & most other blogs have posted about christmas but with everything going on i haven't done so yet. I thought i could do it in one post but with all the pics i want to share i will have to make it 2 posts, i will write both tonight though & post one in a week.
I love christmas, it is my fav time of year. I love the lights, i love the traditional music (not the "carols" of these days but the "real" carols), i love the smells even though i hate apple cinnamon it tells me christmas is here. I love the food, ppl, gifts. I love it all.
Growing up the only times we ever got anything were our birthdays & christmas. It is like that in my house to this day. My husband hates christmas but i tell him over & over that if he buys me things throughout the year then he would not have to buy much at christmas. Alas he still just buys me gifts for special occasions. I don't get them just because so call me greedy but i love getting gifts.
Don't get me wrong though, i absolutely love buying gifts too & giving them to ppl knowing that they are going to love what i got them. I rarely buy a gift that the person i am buying it for wouldn't love. I have pretty good taste & i pay attention throughout the year.
I will post lots of pics. This is the first year we did christmas with my mom in 10+ years. We had christmas on 2 different days at my house with 2 different meals. We did presents 1 night, then the meal the next day. I will show you pics today from the first one with my mom.
The only thing that spoiled christmas for me this year was my mom & brother couldn't leave their damn games alone for 5 minutes & that drove me crazy. I even made a comment that i didn't know christmas was about electronics. I also hated that i worked on christmas, i got very sad christmas even knowing christmas day was just going to be a regular day in my house this year.
I also have a pic of my mom with her family taken after supper the day of my grandmas funneral .
I must mention the holiday train. I came across the pics while going through christmas ones so i added em. 45 pics in this post. They raise money for local food banks wherever they play, they have musicians to do christmas tunes all along the way, the trains are decked out in lights. They have a US train & a canadian train. On the canadian train they had Doc Walker & Miss Emily perform. Doc Walker is a local country band. I have been going for a couple years now & always support the food bank but i love this band. In fact i have tickets to see them with emerson drive & aaron prichett in March. It was a bitter night & i dragged everyone with me lol.
 |
| Soap stone polar bear my dad had carved in church hill |
 |
| bride & groom figurine from the wedding |
 |
| tree with lights (we got a mini tree this year due to bear's cage) |
 |
| my nativity set |
 |
| here comes the train |
 |
| see the pretty lights |
 |
| more lights |
 |
| the name |
 |
| us at dinner |
 |
| more lights |
 |
| just a small section. This dinner was for immediate family of grampa's only so you can imagine how big the family really is. |
 |
| tree with presents |
 |
| my awesome jewelery chest |
 |
| G's big gift |
 |
| bear's stocking |
 |
| my mom is santa |
 |
| reading her card from my brother |
 |
| enjoying his candy cane |
 |
| risk upside down lol |
 |
| car light |
 |
| tools |
 |
| new trimmer |
 |
| garden dragonflies |
 |
| AC3 |
 |
| New vest & sweatpants |
 |
| He knows what it is now |
 |
| Tap & Die set he wanted & has already used |
 |
| Smile says it all |
 |
| playing with bear |
 |
| Cake & ice cream for his birthday |
 |
| My pretty mantle. |
 |
| Tree |
 |
| Doc Walker |
 |
| Santa Clause |
 |
| our table |
 |
| other end |
 |
| Mom's family |
 |
| bear checking out his stocking |
 |
| ho ho ho!! |
 |
| sweater |
 |
| gotta have the turtles |
 |
| $200 gold hoop earings (he did not pay that much of course) |
 |
| gotta have the axe |
 |
| Finished product |
Of course the pics did not post in order. That is nothing new, sorry but unless i fight 1 at a time i cant fix it :(.
No comments:
Post a Comment