Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

I do not have much to update this week. I will be ordering my veil in a day or 2, i got more silverware to wrap (plastic they will be fine) and i got my tree branches for part of my social decor. I do not have much left to do, i have a few more things to buy then it will be just paying for it, once i have all the stuff bought i will start paying more on my vendors.

Now that we are into June i am more excited that we are getting close to that year mark, i can't wait till we can say we are getting married in June, not we are getting married next year. It will be soooooooo awesome.

No one that follows me has gone to disneyworld before? I haven't gotten any tips :(

16 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm sorry.. I saw that you mentioned Disney, but I didn't know if you meant Disney in California or the 1 here in Orlando or that you wanted tips lol. Of course I've been.. too many times to count. What type of tips are you looking for?

    The best tip I can give you is go as early in the day as you can. By lunchtime it's so hot and humid here (it will be around 105 degrees F or about 41C with the heat index) and the lines are crazy. You will end up having to wait for over 2 hrs for 1 ride.

    The Magic Kingdom is great for the whole family but Epcot is really just educational so I don't know if your son would have fun there. There are some really fun rides at Disney, like the space shuttle ride, the race car ride stuff like that.

    Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, to me, are much more fun if you like rollercoasters, simulation rides, etc. They have the jaws ride, Men in Black ride, the Mummy ride, and of course a few roller coasters. Also, if you or your son is into Harry Potter then def. head over to Universal.

    Hope that helped some. If you have any more questions let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun, have you ever stayed at disneyworld, we are looking at a moderate. Some look really fun but b/c this is our honeymoon i really like the looks of POFQ, i know riverside is more popular but with them both sharing ammenities i like the thought of the quieter resort while still getting benefits of the bigger resort.

    We will go in august in hurricane season to get huge discounts, also because we can most likely get a free dining plan then too.

    Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, in general, all the hotels that close to disney are all very nice. I have never personally stayed at the french quarters but have heard it's great.

    I def. recommend getting the disney FASTPASS. When the lines are super long, you go to a little kiosk, check in and it'll save your spot in line and you just return at that time. You just return when it's your time and don't have to stand in line waiting. Sooo helpful!

    How long are ya'll going to be down here for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of that, and i will definately do that. We will be prob about 10 days or so and about 7 days in the park, i want to do seaworld one day and we will lose the last day due to travelling, not sure about the first day until we book our tickets.

    There is a reason i am going in the slowest time lol, i can't imagine how busy it is the rest of the time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm.. who told you that was the slowest time of year? Cus it really isn't. It's still the summer and we get a LOT of tourists around that time from all over the place, but mostly England and Asian countries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read that everywhere, it is right when school starts again. ugh lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha well.. they lied lol. Yes, school starts in Aug. down here, but not until the end of Aug.

    Honestly the best time to come down here is in Jan or Feb. The weather is cold (to us Floridians anyway lol) and everyone has gone back to work and school. I know this trip is your honeymoon and not just a family vacation so rearranging the dates is not possible. But for future reference, that's the best time.

    Hey.. you might get lucky and come near a hurricane (our hurricane season runs from June 1st til Oct) and most ppl will stay away from the parks when 1 comes near so no long lines for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sucks, we are going at the end of august, around the 28th or so, i hope it is not busy lol. I would love to go in January but son is in school then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you'll have fun even if it's busy. Just make sure you pack plenty of light weight clothes.. you will sweat your ASS off lol. :)

    Are you going to rent a car while you're here?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya for a few days, i want to go to seaworld, where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live about 20-30 minutes (depending on traffic) away from the theme parks. Far enough we don't get bothered by the tourists, but close enough if we want to go it won't take us long to get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome, btw need some new posts from you!!! i am going into withdrawl lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol Sorry about that. I just haven't been able to get back into the groove of writing since I stopped. I can't even remember which 1 you follow. Let me know which 1 it is and I'll try to post something soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh lol Well then I guess I better get to writing on at least 1 then lol :)

    ReplyDelete