Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 10th!

3 years ago on this date my husband asked me to marry him. It was also the day i had my last cigarette. I went from 1-1/2 pack down to 2 by that day but i knew i could not afford to smoke and have a wedding too. I was the last person i ever thought would quit. They were my crutch, the one thing i had when i had no one/nothing else. It is a very hard thing to do but i still firmly believe if i of all people could do it than anyone can.

3 years later i still want a cigarette every once in a while but i can not stand the smell. I hate how people stink, how it is on their clothing. The minute my son comes in the house from his grandma's house i can smell it on him. My husband used to complain i reeked like that but i could not smell it myself, now i understand.

I was on champix and had been using it over a month but idk if i would have quit if i did not have the motivation of a wedding. I was cut right back but it is so easy to pick it up again at that point too. I also had to keep the rest of my cigarettes in my purse for months. It was easier for me knowing i had them there if i wanted one. If i would have thrown them away i am sure i would have bought some.

We will see how it is in vegas lol. If i can get through that then i am sure i will be good forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment