![]() |
| 2014 Dodge Ram Sport |
![]() |
| 2014 Kia Forte Lx |
So i finally figured out how to add pics from my phone!!! I have not used the blogger app much because i used to find it was not very user friendly, but now it seems to have gotten a bit easier.Yay me, unfortunately i can not add the post before the pics. I guess i would have to write it out on my blogger app and that would just take too long. I used to have to put the pics from my phone on fb, then save on computer, then upload to a site before i could put them on here. It was such a pain which made me not want to put many pics up.
When i met my husband i did not have a car, no need for one. He had a grand am coupe that he only had for 1.5 years at the time. His parents bought a new SUV so he then bought their old S10 blazer off them for cheapish and parked his car for the winter. The second year he decided he did not like his car parked. We had parked the blazer for the summer but he did not like that idea either so i put insurance on it and the gas and i drove it. We lived a bit outside of town and that made it easier for me for work.
After a couple years it kept having different issues, after we put $500 into it and it still needed more work i told him it was a money pit and to dump it, it was 20 years old, so he did, for more than what it should have gotten.
We then needed a car for me or we would have to move back into town. We got me an impala that was not too bad, but not the easiest on fuel. Again, it was cheap. After a couple years, it started having multiple problems too. I didn't want to sink more and more into it even though i liked the car. It just was not worth the price it was going to cost. I started looking online for a used vehicle that had some clearance for him for the winter. I found the trailblazer and we went to take it for a test drive.
Ever since he sold his old truck to his father and bought his car he regretted it, even though the car was quite cheap on gas. I gave him the option that day of buying a used truck or the trailblazer. He told me even though he wanted a truck the trailblazer would be cheaper (and payments for only 3 years, because it was an 04). That was last year. The trailblazer worked well for us.....and it was cheap payments but he wanted a truck. He had all sorts of excuses why the blazer was not good enough then would contradict himself in the next sentence lol.
In January he wrote off his car, smoked a deer :(. He had no payments left on his car so that sucked. It had a lien though for a loan he took out; so when he got the MPI cheque it went right on that loan. I don't live far from work so i had no problem walking to work (sucked when real cold though). We go from -40C in winter to +30C in summer. I bundled up when he worked in layers and took the blazer when he was off. It worked for me. He was not satisfied though and wanted 2 vehicles. I did not understand it because we were working on clearing up our debts and this arrangement helped us with that. We do not have tons of debt, but i wanted us to get debt free and start over when it came to payments and such.
I knew it was only a matter of time before he would seriously start bugging so i started looking for trucks....that is what he said he wanted. He then said a couple times i think we should get a car because that would be cheaper. I then started doing my research for cars for about 4 days...i saved what i liked, but did not say anything to him. I did not want him to think i was being pushy and think that i did not want him to get a truck (i don't feel it was the right time for that kind of payment). We sometimes talk on the phone when i am at work, if i have a moment. I called him for something and he said it again....so i told him to go into my favorites and look for the blue car........
I knew it was only a matter of time before he would seriously start bugging so i started looking for trucks....that is what he said he wanted. He then said a couple times i think we should get a car because that would be cheaper. I then started doing my research for cars for about 4 days...i saved what i liked, but did not say anything to him. I did not want him to think i was being pushy and think that i did not want him to get a truck (i don't feel it was the right time for that kind of payment). We sometimes talk on the phone when i am at work, if i have a moment. I called him for something and he said it again....so i told him to go into my favorites and look for the blue car........
He came back with.....let's go to the city. I like it. So that is what we did. It was "sold" but in the car/house world if the person does not leave a deposit it is still up for grabs. We took it for a spin. It is base model, but has speed, cheap on gas, trunk room, backseat room and payments were less than the blazer payments were. It did not have cruise control so they added it after market. We applied, put the deposit.... and got approved by 10am the next morning. That was a Tuesday, they told me they could not put the after market in till the following week, but i wanted it that weekend so i said i would pick it up anyways on Friday and bring it back. We were going to the city anyways Friday, one of my fav bands was doing a free concert (sponsorship paid them). They gave us a free tank of gas and we were off!
Blue is my fav color, so i love the look of this car. We have had it now over a month and we both love it. In fact......my husband drives it more than me. A week after we bought it he decided he wanted to get a truck anyways.......his one loan is done in December which frees up a good chunk of cash so i wanted him to at least wait till then. The dealership is having a blow out sale though and he got a good price on the above 2014 dodge ram sport. It is fully loaded, with almost every option you can think of. They gave him a real good price on the blazer for a trade too........so he signed. While i did not agree with it i can not sit here and hold it against him either. He has worked hard all his life and even helps out at home. I have always felt he deserved to have what he wanted, just the timing was off. It will be tight for a few months but come December it will be like normal (once loan paid) between his insurance and extra truck payments. It is a beautiful truck, lots of room. I will not park either of them in the garage though, too tight of a space so he does it lol.
He drives the car mostly to work...i told him i won't put the gas in the truck though if he wants to take the car. He was ok with that. I can get away with $40 a month if that with my car so......I drove it this week out of town and so i put gas in it, i didn't even remember i had to open the gas thing from inside vehicle that is how little i drive it lol. The pump attendant was waiting on me and i was confused lol, finally he was like can you open the gas hatch. OOPS, i felt stupid lol. I also had forgotten how to use the cruise and kept having to play with it. It is quite different from the normal cruise that is built in.
I got a second job to make it a bit easier on me. I won't have any days off though now unless i book off. I will be working every weekend and every hockey game (in the evening) so i will be busy, but that is ok. I need it, as i have to go to the dentist in 3 weeks and our insurance doesn't cover that and my dog needs 2 surgeries which i will write about in another post.
I got a second job to make it a bit easier on me. I won't have any days off though now unless i book off. I will be working every weekend and every hockey game (in the evening) so i will be busy, but that is ok. I need it, as i have to go to the dentist in 3 weeks and our insurance doesn't cover that and my dog needs 2 surgeries which i will write about in another post.
Aren't they pretty? His had 500km on it and mine had 30,000 km on it. Both have warranties, 4 years left on mine, 5 on his, at that time it would be smart for us to trade in. I will get fully loaded next time, and stay with this kind of car.


Looks like you both got sweet rides! Sadly I couldn't imagine not having 2 vehicles but my husband goes 40 miles one way from town (east) and I got 40 miles the other way (west) so walking wouldn't be an option for us...
ReplyDeleteThey are totally sweet! I love the features in my husband's more but i love how cute my car is.
ReplyDeleteOuch! That is a bit for both of you. I am lucky that my husband is the only one who has to drive a bit lol.