Friday, October 26, 2012

"Get over it"

I had two major points i wanted to talk about today but i have been wracking my brain for the last hour & i can not remember the other one, it will come to me at a time when i can not write it down anywhere or it may have disappeared forever. Now this is not something personal, not based on what i have gone though as of late but this line bugs me to no end.

I see it referenced all the time. Someone feels like they are going through something major (if nothing else to them at least) and they are told to "get over it".

Back the hell up people, who are we (i don't remember ever doing that) to tell someone how to feel or that something they are going through should not be a big deal to them just because it is not a big deal to you & you deal with things differently.

When did we become such a society with a god complex? I like to give advice just as much as the next guy & i usually do a fairly decent job but i could never say that to someone. I find it extremely condescending & rude.

I have one cousin who is now christian but one of the most judgemental people i know. She drives me fucking batty. I wish i could tell her what i really think without her taking it out of context because deep down she isn't that bad of a person. She just thinks she knows everything about everyone. Most of that is based on what others say as she has only lived here 4 years so she doesn't have any past experiences to go on.

I hate hypocrisy, i can't respect it at all. Lately my favorite phrase is "those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Now i am not saying i am perfect, hell as you all know i am far from it, but i am very empathetic & just couldn't imagine telling someone how to feel or how to react to something. It just boggles me how many people feel they have the right. I am not talking about constructive criticism here either. I am talking outright telling someone that they should "get over it" because their situation is not that bad, or others have it worse etc etc etc. Of course others have it worse, but to them at that moment it is bad for them.

 I have heard that before myself on this blog but not in a "get over it way", more of a hey it could be worse, which is a lot different, more often than not that is to try & make the person feel better.

Idk these are just my tired ramblings. We finally get to go out tonight too YAY but i am going to be tired. I only get to sleep till about 3:30 because i have to get my eyebrows done, eat, have a shower, do hair & make up, put costume on & have a drink or 2 all before 8. That seems like lots of time but trust me it goes way way too fast. A different cousin is supposed to come with us but i have a feeling she is going to bail, after i spent $30 on her tickets. I am sure she will pay me back, but not when i need the money, like right now for the social. I hope she doesn't do that.

3 comments:

  1. When is your social again? Also, I don't know exactly where you are in Canada...but I'm assuming hopefully no Sandy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Stacey i thought i answered this long ago.

    It was october 29th, the social i was talking about was a different one this year. She bailed just like i thought & am waiting to get the money from her.

    I am in central canada so no sandy for me thank god. I couldn't imagine.

    ReplyDelete