Sorry i did not respond to the latest comments. To be honest ever since my mom got here and even before i haven't been feeling good and really haven't had much energy. It was hard enough trying to keep up on blog posts nvm actually sitting down & writing one. I have only had a couple days where i sat at the comp more than 20 minutes but i decided that i needed to follow up with my post about the doctor. I can't leave it hanging any longer. I have a couple other posts i would like to write in the next week but my husband goes for minor surgery Friday and is off for 6 weeks so i am sure he is going to want my company in the evenings. I know i will need "me" time but it takes so long just to catch up on things. Anyhoo, without further ado.
I mentioned in my last post that my mom was a day late which offset things for me. I have such a time when things are not the way they are supposed to be. I am not a last minute person, which is why the dispatcher at work drives me nuts never letting me tell ppl what they are doing. She ended up getting here at 2pm on the Wednesday never telling me where she was the whole way which had my anxiety going through the roof but i did my best to try to stay calm. It was hard the last 2 hours of work though.
Thursday we got up early to make the short 1/2 block walk to the clinic. My back was killing me by the time we got there. i ended up having to double over for relief twice while waiting the 1/2 hour for it to open. My mom's bf looked skeptical when i said we had to be there 1/2 hour before it opens and he wouldn't get there for 1/2 hour after. He only sees his patients there, another doc comes for the walk in patients. Put it this way, i called yesterday for an appt and got one for July 4th, that is how booked up he gets in advance.
We were the first in line at 8:30 but over 15 waiting by the time the doors opened 5 minutes early. It happened to be a cool morning only 2 Celsius and i was in sandals so i was just happy to get in. He also was earlier than expected so we only waited about 15 minutes.
I knew i had a cyst already and had that huge emotional breakdown that day at work so for the most part i was calm but i did have tears when talking to him. I forgot all about my eye infection and did not remember to talk to him about it and i got 2 more since with the most itchiest eyes ever this last time. I think it's allergies. Anyways, he pulls up the report and prints it for me which i am glad he did as i would never remember the big words.
He tells me i now have an 8cm cyst on my right side. The 2 before were on my left. He did not say surgery this time immediately because i have had the 2 and told me if i am not confident in decisions i can get a 2nd opinion. I told him that if they had to do surgery they would have to do a hysterectomy cause of the cyst and the 2nd thing he told me. The cyst is simple and therefore not cancerous but the chances of them reoccurring are good and if i had to lose the ovary i might as well have a full instead of partial. Less complications usually.
Then he told me it appears i have a condition as well that is called uterine adenomyosis which he described as a woman has glands(cysts) on the outside of the uterus where the blood collects and they expel every month with your period, when one doesn't expel that is when it can grow larger. Well it appears i have at least 1 cyst in the muscle of the uterus which can cause the abnormal bleeding i had as well as major cramps and pain and can feel like you are giving birth at times and i have had 2 major cramps like that in the last 2 months.
Both conditions separate are a problem, together well............. I could have hormone therapy for the cyst and see if it gets smaller but that can make the uterine condition worse. So he said he was referring me to a gynecologist and go from there. I asked to go to the smaller city 30 minutes farther than the bigger city because i am sure quality of care is better if i had to have a hysterectomy. I got the appt paper yesterday for the 29th of May. I probably will not get any answers that day.
Next post will be about my mom & i going for card & palm readings. Maybe........ lol if i don't come up with something else first. It was interesting somewhat and some things right on the money.
Oh, hon. Sorry you are dealing with this stuff. Will keep you in prayer. Thank goodness the appt is in just a couple of weeks. I hope you find relief soon. Also, hope the hubs procedure goes well. Take care. mum
ReplyDeleteWow! Sorry to hear about all of that! :( Luckily you won't have to wait very long. Hope G does ok and gets back on his feet quickly. Can't have both of you laid up in bed at the same time lol. :)
ReplyDeleteI love getting my cards read. Sometimes they are really right on, other times I"m like.. what?! Who are you talking about cus this isn't me lol
Oh how scary. I hope the best for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mum.
ReplyDeleteI will write a post soon Jen, i am sure he will be fine. thank god it is minor.
Thanks Nicole.
Oh I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, how scary! Keeping you in my thoughts!
ReplyDelete