FYI i always respond to comments, sometimes in the comment section, sometimes in a new post so check back if you commented cause i have responded. Jen i responding to you here. It is about an 8.5 hour drive to Minneapolis if no construction or hold ups @ the border.
We left here @ 9am on Sunday June 30th. Had to drop Austin @ his grams then went to meet friends for breakfast in the city who were lending us their GPS as they have built ins now. Of course it always takes longer when you are with friends than if u go by yourself. I am a chatterbox most of the time so it was almost noon before we were really on the road and we had only made it 45 minutes in that 3 hours so we still had a long way to go.
We messed up @ the border & missed the turn for duty free shop so we had to go through, then come back and go to duty free (was not passing on the 12$ 1L (40oz) bottles that retail for 33-36$ here, plus i promised my bro cigs. I quit so wasn't sure on the prices but it was 49$ for carton @ duty free & 105 he said here (way better than American brand cigs but way more expensive). G also found his cologne that he can't get here anymore. He is into major name brands and they are expensive but this Hugo boss one is going extinct. Was half price.
So that added another half an hour or so. Luckily the border is slow on Sundays going down and we got through again right away. We had to stop at all the rest stations for me to go to the washroom. I love that they had them, i wish we had more of them up here. We have some but not as many as they do down there.
We ended up stopping for supper in a town i can't remember, i was trying to make it to Alexandria but just couldn't do it. I was hungry after no lunch. I was looking for a family restaurant as i am very picky. As we were pulling into the town i saw a restaurant so i said just go there so we can get back out quickly. Nice little place, Mabel Murphy's. It was nice for our anniversary dinner. I asked for my meat without the mushroom sauce though so it came super plain and almost over cooked. The mushroom sauce must make it seem more tender. The baked potato was real good.
We also should have got gas but we were trying to see how far we would make it on a tank. We fueled in pembina cause at 3.39 a gallon that is much cheaper than here. We were getting pretty close in a construction zone that was barely moving so we had to get off & get fuel. That 10 mile stretch took at least 40 minutes. We don't even know why the traffic was stopped, we didn't move at times & could not figure it out.
So all in all we had at least 2 hours wasted not including bathroom breaks cause that's not a waste. We got to the hotel about 10:15pm. We had been on the road for least 13 hours. My husband also was not going the speed limit. We do 60 mile an hour here (60km in construction zones) and so 75 mile an hour was a bit much for him, he thought it would use too much gas. 65 mph in construction zones is something i could get used too that's for sure.
We have highways in Canada, not interstates with lots of towns on them not built off them so our speed limits are slower in a lot of parts.
I was beat but wanted the hot tub, that is until i found out it wrecked my nails i worked so hard & long on.
Next up.................our hotel
Geez!! It takes that long! Wow.. I was thinking it was only like 4hrs lol.
ReplyDeleteOh I love our highway speeds here. When I go places that their speeds are like 55mph on the highway I'm like WTF?!?! Why we gotta go so damn slloowww!!?? lol
That sounds like a very long and tiring day! I hate sitting in the car for that long
Lol nope, it is 2 states away and i am 2 hours from the border.
ReplyDeleteYa u would hate driving here. 70km in construction zones. 50km in town.
It was a long tiring day.