Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Vegas baby!!!

Ya know, for someone who has never really had an inkling for vegas i am pretty excited! I want to share all my deals with you guys but it just isn't safe so i will have to do that when i get back. I have been a pretty savvy shopper, so far with airfare and 8 nights hotel it has cost us less than $800 which is unbelievably amazing. To go on a trip that far away for about $1400 total with food is kind of unheard of without comps, especially for the places we are staying.

I got our airfare for $424, that is taxes only as i used airmiles. We have direct flights that are middle of the day, so we get there @ 4pm and leave @ 5 which is awesome. Most times when checking airfares they are crappy times. I paid a bit more when we went to florida for that reason alone.

Instead of driving down to the grand canyon and staying a couple nights in flagstaff we are just going to do a bus tour. I got them for $90 each with fuel surcharge. It will be a long day (starts at 6:15) but i like that we won't have to stop every 45 minutes for me to use the washroom (yes it is that often, sometimes more, sometimes less).

I got a groupon for Toby Keith's I love this bar, so paid $20 for $40. I also won a $25 restaurant.com GC for stripburger which i heard is a good place to eat so there is 2 meals already.

We are playing a game on fb and you get free stuff with your points. So far we have 4 nights and all we pay is the $28 resort fee, when you find out where later you will want to play! Ha ha, it is real good but i spend a lot of time on it, and i am ok with that. We also got a premium ticket each to love (cirque du soleil) for free. My last reward is going to be a buffet at our hotel i think, i hear it isn't the best one by any means but it is right there, which is why i want it, otherwise i have to add another place to our growing list.

I was thinking of getting a hop on hop off bus tour groupon for the strip. It takes you to all the landmarks, like the sign, the eiffel tower, etc. It is on for $20 a person right now instead of $40 and the reason i like it is because we can get all the pics & stuff done at once. We would still have to go to the fountains and the mirage volcano but it would take care of quit a bit of other stuff. My husband isn't much help cause he tells me to do what i want to do lol.

We are also going to do a pub crawl downtown our last night. For $20 you get the pub crawl and a drink coupon for each place plus 1/2 price app & entree. So for the price of the crawl you get it back in drinks, can't really beat that.

I am sure i am forgetting something but that is it for now.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is a packed vaca, but with 8 days I think it's def doable. I like to get the most out of my vacas, too. If I wanna relax, I'll hang at the beach, but if I'm really going somewhere, I wanna see all there is to see. Can't wait to hear about it and see pics. Only what, a month and a half to go? mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 weeks!

    Ya it will be fairly packed, but it is vegas, have so much to see & do that i need to fit it all in, we probably will never go back as there are too many places i want to go lol.

    ReplyDelete