I got us tickets for Tim & Faith for this night. It was a Friday night and i thought that would be a perfect end to the night. I got tickets to the 9:30 show.
I did have plans for every day but unless we had tickets that was easy to change. I need to have a bit of a plan but i am not so OCD that things can't change.
Part of the plan was to check out excalibur, luxor and NYNY. I was in love with the design of NYNY and had tossed around the idea of staying at excal/luxor so i wanted to get a feel for the places in case we ever came back.
I set the alarm for 9 am to get some pool time in. Off to the pool from there. It got busy fast but didn't feel "over packed". I imagine it would feel that way in July/August. I looked out the window before going down and there were chairs still but by the time we got downstairs there were No chairs at the wave pool left, but we only needed one to hold our stuff anyways. We went to the buffet for breakfast after the pool. The food was ok (got the frozen yogurt too with warm butterscotch mmm) but the service sucked!!!
![]() |
| view from room, wave pool |
We stayed there till about noon then went to get ready to go out for the day.
![]() |
| My kind of vacation. drink in hand. cooler i brought from home. |
I figured my husband could do the roller coaster as he loves roller coasters. We walked through the shops and i got some ideas for souvenirs. Off to the luxor. I like the pyramid BUT i did NOT like the feel of the luxor at all. Not sure why, but i would not stay there. I also hated getting accosted soon as we got out of the shop corridor.
I took some pics and we continued on to excal on the tram. I liked the feel of this place. I could smell their air freshener and the smoke it was trying to cover but it didn't bother me horribly. Over time i am sure it would give me a headache. This place was really busy. Continued on to NYNY.
NYNY was my dream place along with Mirage or so i thought. I LOVED NYNY, everything about it, except the kids. There were LOTS and lots, unsupervised ones at that so they were acting like kids do when unsupervised. Running around, talking stupid etc etc. I still love the look/feel of the place but not sure i would want to stay there with that many kids.
My husband was too full so he did not want to go on the roller coaster yet but we did go find out where it was so that we wouldn't have to search when he did want to go on. We then took a stroll over to the MGM to get on the bus to go down to the venetian from there. I figured we would check the place out. Um, no. Place is too big for me, i walked right back out lol.
We walked around the venetian for a while and got our tickets/found the theatre. Place is beautiful, but not really my style. Too fancy for me. We ate at the food court there, i like food courts. Some chicken place. Was ok, but not memorable. We loved watching the sculptor people though.
![]() |
| gondola at venetian, very expensive. |
We then walked off our meal until the show. Feet were a bit sore so once we were inside the theatre we took our shoes off. I have never been to a venue this small for a concert, ever, so i did not know what to expect. I also usually buy tickets on the floor with pre-sales unless i decided to go to it late so not used to being in the stands.
![]() |
| before the show, not what i planned on wearing at first so i felt dressed down |
I was wrong, at home in the stands it is pretty quiet for most artists but here it was buzzing from the moment they came on. I love their chemistry which is why i wanted to see them. Faith sang too many ballads though, i would have loved her to do more upbeat songs. It was a good show. We had 2nd cheapest seats and halfway through they moved us down 6 rows.
When the show was over we left the venetian. I couldn't remember what time the volcano and fountain show ran till but i was pretty sure the volcano was done for the night so we hopped on the bus to the bellagio. Strip was packed pretty good. We got off the bus and it just so happened to be the last show of the night. We didn't make it. I was disappointed.
The one thing my husband and i both said soon as we saw how crazy driving/drivers are/were in las vegas is that we are glad we did not rent a car. We were walking back to the bus stop at bellagio and all a sudden there is some bus stopped there and a van. The bus had the right of way but the van had hit it. They were blocking the turning lane. They took pics and info. The van then decided it was good to block the bus stop and had the bus pull in there as well so there was no way the deuce could stop at that stop.
My husband had the brilliant idea to keep walking instead of waiting for them to do their thing and leave. Ya, not so brilliant after all. We ended up walking ALL the way back to MB. By the time we hit the room it was after 2 am and we were beat.It was a 2 mile walk. We both had good shoes but not for that long of a walk after being on feet all day. Didn't take much for us to fall asleep. I set the alarm again for 9am.......





I love how detail-oriented your posts are, especially since I have never been there. mum
ReplyDeleteThank you :). i got compliments on that on the board i posted these on. I did it all by memory too!
ReplyDelete