This trip was going to fast. We got up at 9 so we could hit up the pool
again. It was tiring going to the pool every day then coming back to get
ready but i know i would have regretted not enjoying the heat &
water.
We were feeling a bit rough (tired) so we didn't stay as long as i thought we would. We had tickets for the early show (7pm) of LOVE and i had won a restaurant.com GC for stripburger and we had to find it.
We were moving to the Gold Coast today. I really felt sad leaving MB as i
loved,loved,loved it there. We hopped in a cab and off we went. I told
him which way to go (I15 to flamingo)
and the guy who gets the cab said at this time of day i don't think it
matters if you go on the strip. Um, i'm far from dumb. I spent the last 4
days going up & down. I see how long those cabs have to sit.
The driver went the way i told him and he got a 3+ dollar tip on a 12 something cab ride.
Check in at GC went fine but i was a tad pissed off that i could not
give them my cc but pay the deposit in cash. I had 2 nights free with
the marketing offer i got from home and one night that i paid for in
advance. I had the space on my cc but i wanted to roll the deposit over.
They said it can not be done, i know for a fact it can, with any
software. I didn't make a huge stink, it wasn't going to kill me, but
she knew i was a tad perturbed.
I booked a premium room (just a step up from the basic room) for the
first night and asked to keep that room for the remaining days. It was
only a $10 difference. I was willing to pay that and i said so. I asked
for a room close to the elevator due to the limited mobility. We got
that........on the 2nd floor facing a wall. Whatever, we weren't going
to have time to look out the window anyways. We didn't end up getting charged the $10 difference for the other 2 nights.
Once we checked in it was back to the bus stop. They do have a shuttle
but i did not want to wait for it, plus we had the bus pass anyways.
We found strip burger with just a little bit of confusion. Wasn't too
hard. It was nice to sit outside and not get tons of bugs like we do at
home. Mosquitoes and flys everywhere in the warmer months here. We had
to order $35 worth of stuff to get the $25 off.
That was hard, husband had to have a couple beer to make it (just had to
twist his arm lol). It was happy hour so the beer was only $2. Food was
good, we were full. Pop was $4 though, ouch. Of course we tipped
decently. Even without the GC i tip decently, especially since my 2nd
job is a server in a diner.
We tried to kill as much time as we could there but we were just too early so off to the mirage it was. Now when i first started looking at places to stay Mirage
was my dream place. It just seemed cool and like it had everything i
would want. When we stepped in this place the 1st time i did not like
the vibe. It also was way smokier than most of the other places we had
been too.
We walked around for a bit then sat on a bench in the walkway area to
the shops and pool area. After watching the crowd for about 30 mins i
decided i definitely would not stay here. Nothing wrong with them, just
not my kind of place or people. Could have been the day but they were
just acting really immature. I am middle 30's, even in my let loose
state i still prefer to be around people who act normal, not stupid
There is having fun, then there is acting like an idiot and over 1/2 the
people we saw were real young and acting really stupid. If that is your
thing that is fine, or if you are like that then that is fine too. I am
just way past that stage and have been for years.
Finally it was 6:30 and the theater was open. We found our seats. We
were in section 204 or 205 row O. One of the end ones right at the
stairs. I did NOT like the drapes beside me. I felt closed in. If we
were up a row or 2 we would not have been able to see beside us at all. I
am claustrophobic and that for some reason sent me into a bit of a
panic attack. i kept having to calm myself. I didn't understand why i
was feeling that way.
LOVE was ok. I am not a beatles fan but i liked the music. I would never
pay to go see it though. I still wish O had been available as a reward.
It disappeared shortly before i could buy rewards (through myvegas).
We had a real early start to the next day as we were doing a bus tour to
the grand canyon so it was time to go back to the hotel.
I'm really enjoying your recaps we are planning a trip to Vegas soon!! We only live about 9 hours away but your trip details are really helpful! Thanks, I can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeletethank you, hope you have a lot of fun. i want to go back already.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete