I am taking this from a vegas message board i posted it on so the format may be different.
Landed at the airport on time, plane was not full. They even had plus seats available but wanted full price for them so no one took it. I checked in at the 24 hour mark so i got ok seats. With Canadian airlines you do not pay extra for early boarding and can pay for seat selection but at the 24 hour mark you can pick your seats so you do not have to worry about what # you get for boarding. You just board.
I like to be one of the first to board to make sure i have space for my stuff, my medical equipment comes on board always. I took aisle and husband had window. We lucked out and had no one in between.
Everything happens in 3s and our first little inconvenience (and that was all it was) is that i got SSSS so it took a bit longer for me to go through security. I also bought our booze and cigs (for my house sitter) at Canadian duty free as i do not like american brands at all. I am glad i did it that way. It did make customs question me a bit more but i already had the SSSS inconvenience so not much different.
I had nothing in my pockets and while they tested all my bags it only took 10 extra minutes. No biggie. I was in a great mood knowing we were going to have heat soon. We were coming from a place that had lots of snow and was still below 0 C.
I spoke with someone who had massive bus knowledge before we left and he guided me in the right direction to get a 15 day buss pass. We grabbed our luggage and there was a shuttle right away over to T1. I was worried about getting lost but didn't at all. 109 came in 5 minutes and there we were. I Put 2$ into the slot and away we went to the SSTT.
I spend my teenage years in Calgary so i am used to bus stations but that one is something else. The first bus machine you see does NOT sell the 15 day passes so i was a little worried. I went up to security for them to point me in the right direction. The lady was pretty rude but in all fairness she must see a number of characters in a day.
Found the right machine and it would not take my Canadian credit or debit card even though my debit card has the visa attached. Before we left home i did an envelope for each day with the groupons/confirmations #s etc that i would need for the day as well the money allotted to each day. I did not budget for this pass to be taken out of my ready cash. It was only $34 but that was inconvenience #2.
Got on the bus and it was an easy 5 minutes to MB, then another 5 minute walk when we got to the bus stop across the street. I packed our luggage good including one of our carry ons in the big suitcase so it was really easy. It wasn't super busy and we got up to check in right away.
Here comes inconvenience #3 and the biggest one yet. It only took about an hour to get from baggage claim to MB so we were doing good. We had 4 separate reservations because we used myvegas for the rooms. 2 were in my name and 2 in my husbands. Everything went fine with mine but my husbands were not showing as comped and his mlife # wouldn't attach to the ressie.
She called down to mlife to make sure i didn't write his # down wrong and i had it correct and there wasn't anything they could do. At this point she had to go to a manager, twice. Now we were looking at the time and it was 6:30. I kept my patience, it wasn't her fault at all, but i was hungry.
Finally she comes back and says they still can't get it but rather than keep us waiting they would just comp it as a comp and deal with it later. I didn't care how they did it as long as we didn't have to pay for it. She also said we would probably have to come back and get our keys carded each day.
She had put the resort fees on my card already but said for the inconvenience they were going to comp the resort fees and return them to me. Sweet! That made our night after all the minor inconveniences. I have mobility issues so i asked for a higher floor but close to the elevator. We got room 32307, it was a handicapped accessible room so it was a bit different in the bathroom. We were overlooking the pool. I was happy with it.
We then emptied a suitcase and jumped back on the bus to the whole foods at town square (yes, i researched options first). I only budgeted 40$ for the first night but had to use most of it for bus so this is where i used my cc for the first night. We got my husband some beer, water and soft drinks for me to mix with my coolers that i brought from Canada. I do not like american chips so we had no snacks other than some fruit for the room.
We then went back and made a redneck cooler in the bathtub. I never use tubs in hotels so that worked out good. I was pretty hungry at this point at it was already after 9 so it was time to head across the hotel for Johnny Rockets. I bought us 2 groupons each so that is what i planned for supper. I didn't want to leave the hotel for the first night, i wanted to save my energy for the next day.
I kept hearing how far the food court was from the rooms on this board and even at the front desk. Honestly though even with my mobility issues i didn't find it very far at all. Now i expected it to be expensive but i was wanting that milkshake ever since i heard about it when we went to Minnesota. It was good, but not $7 good. I really liked this place, i am picky with fast food and i liked their fries.
We went back to the main part of casino and i wanted to play WOF. We found a bank of .25 machines and while i would have played just .25 before this board to make my money last i now knew better so played the 3 spin. Within my first $5 i had it up to $45 but since i just started i didn't want to stop. I lost it.
That was pretty much it for our first night. With bus pass, drinks, JR above our groupon total and my first 30$ in i spent $108. That went too fast and had me a little worried. I did have $$ on my credit cards if i need too but i did NOT want to spend much on them.
No comments:
Post a Comment