Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Big reveal!

So pretty

Taylor hill

When did blogger allow you to add pictures without using Picasso?? I usually use my phone to take pictures so i now upload those vs mobile blogger but i had some pics on fb i wanted to add here and we can actually add them now! That is so cool and will be much easier!

So, how about this view? Pretty cool hey?

4 weeks ago this was pictures i took on a whirlwind road trip.

Let me start from the beginning (i made it go far down so it does not show as a synopsis and you actually have to open the page lol). 

September 1st i was talking to my mom, she was leaving the next morning to spend the night at my sisters in Vancouver, BC before arriving here on the 3rd.

We had talked previously about us moving out that way when i realized there was no way i could stay in this town with my family supporting the pedophile but they had mentioned they were not sure if they were going to move in the next couple years.. Unless one is in that exact situation you don't realize how hard it is on the head. I am talking 40 family members in 1 town, only 3 of them do not support him. That is a lot of people in a town of 13k and one whole side of my immediate family (grandma down is immediate in my family).

With my mom not sure if they were going to move to Kelowna (i am mentioning the names because they don't live in these towns) i did not want to think about moving there. I didn't want to go there and have them move away so we started looking elsewhere. We were thinking about Saskatchewan, it is still cheapish like Manitoba (where we live now) and not terribly far from his family.

He started applying for jobs in the oil patch and wouldn't hear back so one day he called someone to ask why (5 years of good driving experience) and was told he had to have this specific course to even step onsite and that would help him get a job as well as his first aid. I then got the ball rolling and signed him up for the courses on his next set of days off (with his permission of course).

he had applied for a couple jobs in Saskatchewan, heard from 1 right away who said they would get back to him and then didn't........for 2 more months (i assume they hired someone that did not work out). it was 10 on and 4 off, but 10 hours away. Even if i moved to SK he would still be at least 4 hours away because i need to move where there are jobs.

Back to September 1st, my mom phoned me and said that her partner couldn't figure out why we were looking at Saskatchewan instead of where they lived in BC. I told her it was because they didn't know if they were going to stay there. She said they were going to be there at least for 5 years. So i mentioned it to my husband and applied for a job online with a good company i had heard about from a friend who had a husband who worked with this international company.

I had to fill out a huge questionnaire, send the resume then they sent another questionnaire to email that i had to fax in. My mom was here for my birthday and he got past the first hurdle. He then had to go for a physical and pass a lung test as well as X-rays. He had to go to 3 different places in the city (close to each other) for these tests. It is a oil well fracking company so they deal with cement (which has major dust) a lot and have to be able to have the lung capacity to handle the masks without any breathing problems.

He then found out he had passed all the tests, and the next step would be to meet. We are 1900 kms away though so that wouldn't be too cheap. At the time, close to 1000 to fly there on short notice. They decided they didn't need to meet him, they liked him, he had good references and seemed genuine. It was settled then, he had a new job. We are moving ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!! From Manitoba, to Northern BC!!!!!!!

I will let you process that, and write another post with the details and update since this was almost 2 months ago but keep it in drafts until i get enough response on this post, hopefully more comments than on our new vehicles. 

6 comments:

  1. Why do you rely on blog comments? If you want to post something, post it. Just because no one is responding doesn't mean anything. I read your post on the new vehicles and just simply have nothing to say about it.

    I'm glad to hear you're moving, hopefully you'll be happy in BC. I think you need a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been away for a while but just got caught back up on all the blogs I read. I think it's great you got new vehicles! They are very nice. We are looking at getting a new Tahoe. Getting a new vehicle is such a big decision. I'm excited for you guys and your move!!! It will be nice being closer to your mom. What will that do to you and your sons relationship. I understand things have been pretty rocky lately anyway. It still might be hard to be that far away from him. Like you said he's only got a couple more years until he's 18.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge change!! But so exciting I think a new start is really good and definitly more opportunities for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked out a map. Wow! That is far away. Sometimes, I think a fresh start is good, though. mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon 1, it isn't so much that i rely on them, as that if no one is interested i might as well just keep them in drafts, right? I mean in draft form i still have the posts documented so i can see them down the road.

    Thanks, i think we need the change too.

    Hi Jo! With so many choices it is a very big deal, i am happy so far.

    My son will be closer to 17 when we move and will come with us to get settled so it won't be long till he is over age and doing his own thing. In Canada most do their own thing at 18 not 21 like in the USA, not sure if that is good or bad but that is the way it is mostly so i think things will be OK.

    Anon 2, it is definitely a huge change. My husband isn't sure he likes the job just yet (spends a lot of time waiting around) but once he gets his first full paycheck i am sure he will see the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi mum, yes it is very far. 1900 kms to my moms place. This was the first time i drove it, we usually fly. My husband will be flying home when he does come home.

    ReplyDelete