Friday, February 20, 2015

My husband!

Afternoon ladies. I have been trying to post for a week now. Life has been stupid crazy lately and not all in a good way. I had about 10 days of crap at work to deal with that majorly affected my home life but it is calming down now. Today i am going to write about my husband. I only have about 20 minutes left before i leave work and i work tonight and full days all weekend so if i don't get it done now it might not get done. I have a meeting Monday night then i work Friday immediately after work. in fact he scheduled me for the minute i get off so no supper for this gal (even though i asked for 5 so i could have supper, ah well i guess after work is as good as before). There is a huge event called tribal days next weekend so i have 20 hours in the 3 days.

**I do not have MS, but there are a couple things to talk about, nothing to major. I will write about that later**

Husband is doing well. Things are going the way i said they would. He was done his training just before Christmas and he has done fine on his own. He was really worried about getting lost but only once he got confused (no fault of his own) because the highway signs were messed up. I was on the phone with him and he wasn't listening to me and ended up having to turn around.....twice lol. I just talked him through it and stayed up way later than i should have for having to get up at 7am for work. He has gone out on a couple dozen trips so far and that was the only time he was confused.

Oil industry is slow right now but they are still going. It shouldn't affect him terribly. Last month was his slowest month so far. He only worked 18 days and had 11 trips in that time. He still made more last month than he did here by about 1.5 times. His total hours once loaded was 28 for those 11 trips. Right now it is crappy though because they are warm, and he is fully loaded to go on an ice road. He got up at 4 yesterday to take this load and had to sit on side of road for 4 hours and then come back (2 hrs there, 2 hours back). He doesn't think he will get paid for it as a trip. He is supposed to take this load 4 am tomorrow but will see if it makes it there or not. If not i hope they empty it so he can get a load. They may have to shut that rig down due to the weather. The pumper crew sat onsite for 2 days and finally came back today leaving the pumper there for now.

I am getting ready to do our income taxes (even with 2 grand in medical i still owe, baffles me) and he made as much in 2.5 months as i made at my day job for the full year. I didn't get the full picture until i saw that YTD. I was like whoa. LOL.

His trip home was better this time, i told him he couldn't be mopey as that completely ruined it last time. he is getting more used to it though so he wasn't. He still misses us of course, and we miss him. I have my plane ticket booked to go out there the end of March so the stretches are getting shorter. I won't have the dog with me of course but at least we get to see each other. We are doing really well. We haven't fought much at all and work harder. I actually think this is strengthening our relationship. We haven't really changed as people, just may be a bit more appreciative of the other person.

It really falls on him when we move. I am up for the cheap places (as i want it to be temporary) so that we can save money for our dream place and a camper but those places have lot rent. The lot rent and mortgage are 1/2 of what a mortgage alone on the next cheapest set of places (which are in the 230k range). I would settle for now to get ahead later. He won't. That means he needs to have more of a down payment saved up. He has about 1/2 of what he needs right now. Hopefully this load gets dumped and he gets a few more loads this month and that next month is good as well. April is almost a write off because if they don't shut down he still has to take some time off to come fix the roof and one wall. He will have about 5-6 vacation days he can use by then but we are waiting to see when break up with be. Hoping it falls at the same time.

I can write more but it is time for me to go home. I am just glad things are working out there the way i said they would. I had full confidence that once he got past the fear of the unknown (not knowing all the jobs sites) that things would be ok. They fired 5 people lately, he is the only one left from greenhorn school there so that is a good sign. His boss told him he is doing good. I also thinks he likes the money too. I am paying all the bills here except hydro and the mortgage so once we move and he gets to benefit more from the money then he is going to buy toys i am sure. He wants a motorcycle. Not for me lol.

I hope everyone is doing well.

3 comments:

  1. being apart really takes a toll on a relationship. it sounds like you guys are really working hard and taking it in stride. Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Em! Yes it definitely does. While he is going to benefit more money wise (as i will still contribute the same as i do at home here now) overall i am the one going to benefit the most so i am trying real hard not to make things very stressful for him. It is a work in progress but i am managing. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it's working out for the two of you! mum

    ReplyDelete