Life has been busy. Lots of changes and things going on right now. This is my only day off until May 17th. I just didn't feel like blogging as i can't get my thoughts together properly to do so. I also went on vacation so i was busy training someone to do my job.
My 2nd job is pretty busy as well with hockey. We have not lost a game in playoffs so we start the finals next week. We only lost 3 games in regulation and 4 in O/T this season and have the best record ever in the league. It was an amazing season.
We have the big hockey tournament for Canadian Juniors coming up in 6 weeks so it is fairly busy till then. I volunteer for that as well so i have 4 games i work at plus 6 volunteer shifts (and may pick up a 7th) plus my regular day job. A couple days i do all 3. The volunteer job is 4 hour shifts. I am in the bar area so hopefully it will be nice and busy :).
I hope everyone has a good Easter with their families. I work all weekend but i am doing Easter dinner on Sunday and my MIL and FIL will be coming over. I am keeping it small this time. I work all day so i will be really beat. The job takes a toll on me. It is stuff i am not supposed to be doing (but there are not a lot of jobs in this town). I manage but i am mush when i get home lol. We are having ham, potatoes, cream corn, buns, and banana cream pie. I do not like pie crust so i was using honey graham wafer crusts but the last time i found that too sweet so i am going to try the oreo cookie crumbs for the crust. Not sure how that will taste but hopefully it will be good.
I do not have MS BUT i do have some major sinus problems. The thing is...........i went to an ENT doctor last year who told me with certainty that i absolutely do not have sinus problems and my issues must be allergy related and i should see an allergist. I argued with him a little bit that i was sure it was sinuses but he shut me down. He also told me that my weight probably had something to do with it (they ALL tell me that, as if it is the cause, which it is not). Now i have to go for another MRI as a follow up to the last one to see if the 6 nodules are still filled. IDK what will happen after that if they are.
I went for another ultrasound too but i won't have those results till next week. My doctor has been on holidays for a month.I don't know how to interpret the way the tech was talking. Out of my last 3 only 1 was clean. One showed an 8 CM cyst on the right side instead of the left which is where i had the two surgeries. One showed adenomyosis and then the last one was clean. I should be having them at least twice a year until i get 3 clean ones in a row. I probably should have 3 a year until all 3 are clean.
On the bright side i lost 6.5 kilos!! That is huge for a bigger person. I had it confirmed at the doctors. I thought i lost about 10 pounds but nope, a bit more than that YAY. This is the difference from what i was weighed at in October there. It has given me the hope and push i needed to keep going. My husband lost 20 pounds so we had decided to keep trying to be on the right track. He is the one always wanting to go off track so that makes it difficult. With spring here (but it is cold here right now) i should be able to walk around the block more often. Two weeks ago i went around the block 4 times. I could not do that on vacation so i feel sluggish now.
I started adding more fresh veggies to our diet too. We always had veggies and sometimes fruit but now i am trying to have at least some cucumbers and oranges every day. We found a good box of oranges. I like them sweet and a lot of times you find them sour. I like grapes too but they are a hit and miss as well. I can't wait for watermelon. It bloats me very fast so i get full easier.
I will write again once i have all my results. I am phoning tuesday but i have a doctor appointment on the 22nd where i will check my weight again. My next MRI is booked for May 14th and still me agreed to volunteer after even though it is an hour away and that means i can not take anything to relax me so that i am functioning 5 hours later. I would be too tired. I have a couple late evening volunteer shifts where i work in the morning as well so it will be quite the stretch.
Sounds like your doing good.. I wondered were you went!! Life gets busy and we all have Different priorities:) Seems like work and health have you running. Hope you had a great Easter and your husband is doing good! Update us when you can!
ReplyDeleteI am doing very well. LOTS going on which will be crazy if i blog about it lol.
ReplyDeleteWe had a very good easter with my inlaws. It was absolutely perfect.
I hope you had a good easter as well :)
Glad you don't have MS. I have the dizzy spells and word confusion sometimes, too, I haven't had it checked. Kind of scared to. mum
ReplyDelete