Sunday, March 13, 2011

My sister (the past)

Talking about this will take more than one post i am sure but this is a start. I mentioned in my past flashback my parents were alcoholics. I have a brother who is 2 years younger than me and a sister who is 5 1/2 years younger than me. I took care of them, i protected them, i made sure everything was ok for them. I became the parent in my house, from the time i was about 10.

Being that my sister is 5 1/2 years younger than me she was only 11 when i left home. I didn't have much of a choice, i had no where to turn at the time so i took off half way across the country. I only went back to that town for a couple months, couldn't stay (never got along with mom's bf, i don't put up with crap from people and didn't like the way he treated her or us).

For my sister's teenage years i wasn't around, i talked to her on the phone everyday but i didn't know she felt abandoned, she never told me until april of 2010 and this happened in 1997. She spent her 15th birthday crying on the phone to me because my mom was in the bar with her bf instead of home with her. i think we were on the phone for about 4 hours that night. For my sister's 16th birthday i spent what little money i had and took a bus up there ($100 for a 2 way ticket and a 6 hour bus ride, i got $500 a month for groceries and such so this cost 1/5 of my monthly budget just for the ticket alone) and threw her a birthday party to make sure she had a better birthday than the year before. I am just trying to show a little about how much i did for these kids. There is more but that would just take forever, i am sure this shows the lengths i went through.

My sister has mental health issues, she has now been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. She is a cutter (i was too) and she bangs her head against the wall. For whatever reason (sometimes i think it honestly is for attention, you would have to see to understand) no one can get through to her. When i had my son she was living with a long term bf and not working, she expected people to just look after her, she was very shy as well. She ended up getting a job after a couple years and has for the most part been working since.

I moved my mom down here 1 night in the middle of the night after she had had enough of the loser, my sister followed not long after, leaving her bf. My mom got married down here to someone she was with for less than a year, left him not even a year later. We got another apt together, with my brother. I honestly don't remember where my sis was at this time. My mom met someone and moved to bc right before my grad and came back just for grad. They have been together ever since, for once it is working out for her. My sister decided to move out there. That is when things turned to shit for us....

No comments:

Post a Comment