OK i totally need to get organized when it comes to the wedding and social, i made a family calendar on VP and i think i will use that to keep track of things each month. I need to meet with my wedding planner to get on track lol. I am trying to do so much at once and need to slow down and put it all into a timeline.
Things have been crazy busy around here, hubby was working Easter weekend and the time went FAST, my son and i spent Sunday cleaning and we did so much we never even had time for a movie. Then we were gone till 2am Monday while he did a job for someone, and gone again all day Tuesday so even with me not working right now most days are still busy & filled lol.
There are not many jobs right now, i am hoping to find something soon so that the extra money hubby is making can go towards the cc or loan and not have to be spent on every day things. This weekend coming up he gets a guys day, he is taking my son to a quad poker derby, we went 2 years ago and i am a chicken, my son made us promise that g would take him next time (can only take 1 person with him) because he is not a "scaredy cat" he would thoroughly enjoy it. He doesn't know it yet but that is this coming weekend so they will be gone all day Saturday, i wish i had the money to do something but i don't :( and will spend the day on the computer checking out wedding stuff i am sure (i spend hours researching and reading blogs, articles, anything wedding related lol).
My good news, i have 2 things, i asked 1 more member of my WP. I only have 1 more to ask and that won't be till summertime. Here is a breakdown and how i asked them.
"k" is my MOH-she is my best friend and the first person i phoned (i sent my mom an email with the proposal pictures, had more affect that way). I didn't "ask" her per se, i didn't have to, we knew there was no one else that could fit that role for me (or her if she ever meets a man, she lives in a small town and doesn't date atm), we instantly just fell into the whole MOH thing. We are like soul sisters though (never thought of it that way until someone said it when she was down) We are VERY different, but VERY similar too, our thought process is very much the same (as it is with my fiance & i). I love it, she will know whether or not i will like something without having to ask.
"c" is one of my bridesmaids, i have known her about 13 years but we just started becoming close in the last year, she is the one that is going to be the headache, great girl, great heart, wrong approach. She criticizes everything i do, goes against every single decision i make, i think she wants to be both the bride and MOH and she is neither. I did sit her down last week and told her i am very OCD and set in how i want things and that i can't handle someone going against the grain every single time, so we will see if that helps.
"d" is my fiance's brother's gf, i have known her a long time but we aren't close. I asked her because we get along ok and i want her to walk with her bf, she has not been on any wedding planning at all, but she has been busy, she just quit her 2nd job so we will see, maybe she will have more time, but right now she is working the weekend we are going dress shopping for the girls (she has her schedule way in advance) and i don't know if she will be into anything. I would like everyone to be involved though, if she has no interest in it then i will ask her what she wants to do, and see if she has a different idea of what a bridesmaid does.
"g" is the last one i asked, we were super close then had a miscommunication (not even a fight) and stopped talking for months, then one day she commented about something on my son's status on fb and i reached out to her. We became close again (talk every day just don't see each other as often, b4 we used to work together but both had new jobs) I knew 2 days after we seen each other again that i wanted her to be with me, if we would have communicated better (i over reacted to something lol) there wouldn't have been a lull. Things are very comfortable, we have known each other only a year but feels like forever. She is the person who calms me down and brings me back to earth, always there, always has good advice. I can trust her and count on her. I had a letter written because i am afraid of rejection and i really look up to her and was scared, one night she sent me a pic of us and told me she had went and had it printed off so she could put it in a frame, that blew me away, but it left me open to finally ask her, i did it over BBMsooooooo excited and so am i, i love her, she is awesome.
I have one more i want to ask but she has truly back stabbed me before, and lied about me, she was dating (and has kids) with the fi brother, the one time i complained about my fi she told his brother who in turn told my fi and then she told my fi what exactly i said, but she complained about her bf alllllllll the time and i was loyal and kept my mouth shut. She said her bf made her but i don't buy that. Then she said some lies to him another time. I can't trust her, they broke up, i stopped talking to her for about 9 months, then at another brother's wedding she came up to me and asked me to put the past in the past. So far things have been ok i think but......... i also have not put her in a situation of trust. I do want her with me despite all this, underneath it all she is a good person, he was & still tries to be extremely controlling so i am unsure what to think. I have NEVER back stabbed her, we are going away for 4 days this summer and if all goes well on that trip i will ask her but i will also tell her how i feel. She is a fun person and i know she would be helpful so i am not worried about that. Her past behaviour bothers my best friend but she hasn't done anything since we started talking again, should i leave the past in the past?
I never got to my good news yet but this post is too long. I will post another one right now.
I'd be a bit apprehensive about this last girl. I don't know. It is an honor to stand up there with someone, I don't know if she's earned it. But it's ultimately your choice. Time will tell what kind of friend she's going to be. mum
ReplyDeleteI am a bit, but that is why i am waiting until after our trip, to see if anything comes of it, and also for me to tell her how i feel. thanks mum
ReplyDelete