I got a comment from someone who i have never had that pleasure of speaking with on here *at least i don't think so* that i published last night & i thought i better explain a bit more in a post in case anyone was feeling the same way she was. I appreciate all comments, even if they do not agree with me, as long as they are not insulting. I will publish negative ones as long as they are not insulting as well. I totally believe that if you put something in the blog world that you should accept comments good or bad, that you should answer questions & reply to people so they actually know you are paying attention. Otherwise why are you posting.
Most of you have not been following from the beginning, i am not sure if you guys have read back to the beginning or not but i want to remind you of this post clicky which was the first or one of the first posts when i decided i wanted to write a blog. I mentioned how i was a bit, raw, emotional, to the point which sometimes come across harsher than i mean it. That is who i am, how i am, i do not believe in sugarcoating what so ever unless i really have too.
Someone got a bit offended by my abruptness in my last post. In case no one reads my reply i am going to address it here. I do not blog because of followers, though i really do enjoy the interaction. Mostly i blog for myself, but with that being said if i blog about something major going on & NO ONE leaves a comment of support, excitement (on my happy posts) etc etc it is very hard to get up the motivation to do a follow up post. I then take some time away from the blog thinking no one cares so why bother with another one?
I know some people never comment, some of those people have sent me emails pertaining to my wedding blog & that is fine, i get people are busy or at work or whatever BUT as i previously said it is hard to do a follow up post when it seems like no one wants to see it. People reading but never commenting are invisable, i do not know you are there because i can not see you. I only know people are interested in what i have to say when they comment, as for any blogger.
I will tell u this, i follow a lot of blogs, i check for new posts every day. I HATE HATE HATE the puppy & rainbows approach that most bloggers take. Life is not all happiness & "fakeness" by that i don't mean i think everyone is fake, not at all, but when you don't post your real self (that you have emotions etc) then it is very obvious that you just want people to really like you & it is all gaining followers.
That is not my approach, nor will it ever be. I am a real person, with real emotions & feelings going through real life. I have become really good friends with someone from a blog & will meet her when we go to florida for our honeymoon. I am very excited & happy about that. I swear we are twins, we think & act so much alike it is scary. So see, i can be nice :) lol.
I am honestly a very nice person & will give the shirt off my back for anyone if i can BUT i will remember for life if you stabbed me in the back, i can be unforgiving depending the circumstances BUT i am not miserable sitting here wishing this & that. I am a happy go lucky person, even when i get mad i try to deal with it then get over it & move on right away so i can be my normal happy self.
I am sorry that i can not be all puppies & rainbows. I truly did not mean to offend anyone but i felt after a post about emergency surgery normally a follow up would be the next post but with no one appearing to care i did not see the point. I was not stating it that way for people to feel bad for me, not my intention, just the reason why no follow up was given. It is not needed if no one cares about a "stranger" KWIM? Yes it probably came out really abrupt, but that is me, that is how i am, i just "say it". I hope i have explained myself well. I am coming off a night shift & i am feeling pretty upset right now (not about the blog, about work stuff which i am not going to post about for now) so i am rambling.
So I was confused at first when reading this b/c I'll admit.. I'm horrible about going back and reading comments after I've left 1. Plus, I haven't really gotten on blogger in a bit.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I went back and read the comments from that post. Let me first say that I too worked in the medical field and have seen lots of things. I too have taken care of ppl after surgery. When you're in the medical field, after a while you can become desensitized. To you (as a medical professional) a routine surgery is just that.. routine and no big deal. But, as a patient or a loved 1 of the patient.. even IF it's routine, it can be very scary. You had every right to feel the way you did, especially after the things you've been thru with your family during 'routine' surgeries.
I'm not going to blast her for what she said.. she's entitled to her opinion and she did it in a pretty civilized manner (she didn't go off cussing you out or whatever). I do have to think that maybe she is new to your blog, otherwise she would have seen in past posts where you have made it abundantly clear that you don't sugar coat anything and that sometimes by doing that you come off as being a bitch. Us who have been around for awhile know that and don't take offense.
I love how she said that it's a blog and not real life. It IS real life! It is YOUR life, not some made up scene for a fictional character. It should not matter if ppl are hearing face-to-face, or reading about it. I also know that you weren't looking for a 'poor you' comment, but more of a 'hope he's ok!' or 'let us know how it goes' type comment. Just a comment that showed ppl were reading.. just some acknowledgement. It would have been the nice thing to do. (It's funny really.. ppl will comment on wedding posts, weekend plans and even about Bear.. but not about a health issue?) Hey, I'm just as guilty b/c I didn't comment on here, but you already know why.
Maybe she's more sensitive than some? Maybe she's never been around someone who doesn't sugarcoat anything? Maybe it was just b/c it was in print and things can be taken the wrong way? Idk but whatever. If she doesn't like your no-nonsense approach she doesn't have to keep reading.
Well worded Jen. I did appreciate that the criticism was done in a civilized tone which is why i responded :).
ReplyDeleteYou will get people of all walks of life in here & they just have to remember we are not all the same & do not act the same.
I under standing the desensitizing, i worked in the health field too which is why i could look at the pics when it popped open & all like nbd. It is still scary until the person is cleared for take off.
You were around when i went through it last year with my mom, not fun!
You hit it on the head better than i did. The hope he is ok, etc is what i mean, i don't need sympathy, not my style.
You did it on fb because that is where i updated everything & that is fine, it would have been nice for at least 1 comment but ce la vie.
My blog is my real life, i missed that part of the comment, but it is all about me, every single aspect in it is real!
OK...I'm not down with the lingo. What is KWIM? mum
ReplyDeleteI wondered the same at first mum lol. Know what i mean.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sweet. mum
ReplyDeleteI had no idea what KWIM stood for either! Glad I wasn't the only one. Thanks for asking mum :)
ReplyDeleteGlad i could help :). I love abbreviations for long words lol.
ReplyDelete