So last night i worked 3-11. I usually work nights so this was a bit different for me. I was slammed, i did not leave there until 11:15. I was also starving. I never had time to eat anything since noon. I figured i would pick up subs on my way home. I was almost at my street & i noticed my phone had been blown up, i pulled over & called G as he had called 3 times, sent multiple messages & left a voicemail. Here i thought he wanted a coffee since it is roll up the rims at timmies right now.
Anyways, he was all freaking out, asked where i was & said he needed to go to the hospital right now. Earlier in the evening he text me & said he could not finish supper as he was in too much pain & going to bed. Both he & i thought it was gas pains from the cheese he had on his poutine 2 nights prior.
This is a man who has not gone to the hospital in 12 years, that is how much he hates going to the doctor. Usually they just send you home after you have been waiting for hours so he really did not want to go figuring they would just send him home anyways.
We got there about midnight, 20 minutes later he threw up his supper, by 1 am he had his 1st shot of morphine which did NOTHING to even dull the pain. He got a 2nd shot which made the pain a bit more bearable. They had done bloodwork & were going to send him for an ultrasound in the morning as there are no techs after hours. Just after 3 they came & said they were moving him to another room & that i could go home as they were keeping him for observation & would send him for an xray in the morning. I gave them my cell # & went home exhausted (but still starving, had some chips but that did not cut it).
I could not sleep when i got home, i was soooooo tired at the hospital but when i got home i could not sleep, i was wound up, plus bear needed out for a bit, he had been locked up since the night before mostly. I got to bed about 5 am, woke about 7:45 & knew they would not have him in yet as lab was not open. I then woke again about 8:40. Bear needed out so i got up, about 9 i went to the hospital wondering why they hadn't called me.
He was still in emerg & when i seen him he had a gown on (not the pajamas that he had when i left) cap etc. He said i was just about to call you, i said oh? You get to go home? (the cap should have been a dead give a way). He said nope, it is my apendix & I am having surgery in 30 minutes. I broke down, then called his mom. I was freaked out, he was too but trying to hold it together for me. I mean his first ever hospital stay & surgery at 30, that is a big deal.
I stayed till he came out & was in recovery, then i went for lunch, i was starving & needed to get out of there for a while. When i came back he was settled in his room. He was alert, awake & kinda his normal self. He did not appear to have much pain, because of the pain from the night before he was handling it well.
He is now ok, i think. I am home exhausted & hoping i can bring him home tomorrow. Our only worry is our puppy who will be so excited to see him & want to be all over him. We were supposed to have a romantic night in the city tomorrow but i had to cancel. I can't wait until he is better. We had plans friday & saturday he was supposed to go to the monster trucks with austin. I guess we will see how he feels.
No comments:
Post a Comment