I wasn't going to say anything but i can't tell Geno as it is a surprise so i need to get it out.
I Got tickets to see Keith Urban today!!! I am excited, 25th row on the floor. I have wanted to go a few times but never did. I know i am going to Dixie chicks and people may judge me for what i spend money on but i look at it this way....
We go out about 4 times a year, once in awhile 5 or 6 but that is rare. We don't even go out to sit down restaurants unless we are going with others.
So this year instead of going out for Halloween i am going to Dixie chicks with a girlfriend. Geno works new year's day so he won't want to go out anywhere for new year's and his birthday is January 14th so we will go to Keith Urban instead.
We are then going to Vegas in April but will not do a thing all summer.
It is just a matter of what we choose to give up to experience all the good things.
I spent a lot of money on smoking, and really cut back my drinking in the last 3 years so i don't have many vices, although i have gotten back into make up and doing my nails .
Instead of having those bad habits i like to go on vacation and to concerts. Some people that have those habits can afford both, i can't.
I fully believe in the theory that bloggers put themselves out there and therefore people can & will judge so i thought i would explain it a bit. I hate when i see bloggers talking about how broke they are, send them money for the blog etc etc then brag about going to Disney (got the trip for free but still) and then a year later buy a motorcycle but don't acknowledge where the money came from.
I don't think bloggers need to justify every single thing but if you are begging for money i think you need to own it!!
I also hate when someone gets money from the taxpayers, whether it be on welfare, army, someone passes away etc and then uses it to see the world. It is super hard when someone passes away, but normal people deal with it on an everyday basis. If you are getting my hard earned money and use it to fuel your trips then it makes me upset, or to cover your bad habits. Why should i work my ass off so you can live in comfort??
Sorry but that just burns me to know end. I know a blogger who's husband passed away, they had only known each other 2 years and she went on trip after trip all over the country and then got extremely defensive if anyone questioned her on it.
I am not criticizing those who need to be on assistance and use it properly in any way. We all have needed a hand in some way before. Just the ones who blow it foolishly. You should see here, my brother works at walmart and he said it is unreal how many ppl spend the checks on good stuff for their kids but then return diapers/wipes and stuff the kids need 2 days later because they spent too much partying and now do not have enough to cover the bills.
Yay! I saw Keith Urban in concert with Carrie Underwood a few years ago. He was awesome. Very humble. Very appreciative. Took time to shake hands and sign autographs. And he sounded great. That's very exciting.
ReplyDeleteI used to love the Dixie Chicks. Once they got all political and anti-Bush, I turned away. It's OK to be unhappy with things the way they are, but don't go to some other country and bash your own. If it's that bad, get the F out. That's sort of my take on it. But I did really enjoy their music. I think you'll have fun. mum
AHHH so much fun! You are going to have such a great time!!! I saw Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood a few years ago and he is hands down the best performer I've ever seen!
ReplyDeleteI agree, people who wreck the system wreck it for EVERYONE and it's just sad.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome mum, he was here then too but i am not an underwood fan. I do not like many female singers. I like the low pitch from men's voices. I have a thing with sounds, they bother me.
ReplyDeleteAs for the chicks..... i have no idea what happened, i have not googled it and seeing as i do not have cable and am in canada it was not a big thing here but many many many people do that.
In fact recently i have heard Obama putting down celebs and their lifestyles so in reality they are really no different than the rest of the world, they obviously used the wrong method of portraying their beliefs though (not sure on this one as i said). I still like their music and they are amazing on stage.
Thanks Laura, new here are you?? Welcome :) You are so pretty.
Ya it is Krysten