I am going to preface this by saying it doesn't matter what your beliefs are on the matter i will not judge you. Everyone is allowed to feel however they wish and it is not my place to tell you any different.
Now because i am canadian i did not pay any attention to what happened at the time. Honestly, i had to look it up to see what really happened so that i could make an informed judgement myself.
November 5th i went to the dixie chicks concert and it was awesome! They have a talent that can not be denied and that is what i was after.
So now i have looked up what happened and i have to say i agree with what they did, where they did it & why.
I know many do not have that opinion & that is ok, but this is me, my opinion & view.
SO many people do not like Obama and have no problem voicing that at every opportunity, you do not see anyone blackballed for those opinions. Why is that???
I am not a fan of the war what so ever. I do not agree with it, or why it was done. Too many lives were lost that did not need to be & in the end not much was accomplished. I feel things could have been done different without so many casualties.
The Dixie chicks were in the UK, who was forced to stand behind the USA putting on a show just days before the war was to start with a full British audience and made a comment to that they did not want the war, nor the violence and were ashamed that Bush was from Texas. It had everything to do with them not believing in the war nor wanting it and nothing to do with Bush on a personal level, just a political one. A lot of the people in London did not agree with the war either so for them it was the right venue to say that.
In all honesty i do not see anything wrong with that statement. They should be judged on their music and their actions, NOT on a comment like that. It really was not that bad. We have a major city here that has a Mayor who got caught doing crack and a whole bunch of other things since then and i can tell ya that most of the people do not like him & want him out but they still love their city.
In my opinion you do NOT have to like your president or the government to like your country. It basically works the same as loving someone but not liking or agreeing with their actions. Your still going to love them even if you are not proud of them.
This post hasn't at all come out what i want it to be but this is all i can get out right now. Not sure why i can't write today.
I remember when they said that and at the time.. i too was upset about it. BUT!! In their defense.. i liked our president. However.. now?? I cant STAANNDD our current president and i know i personally have said much worse about him than they did about bush. I agree.. you can still love your country but hate the ruler. That is how i am right now.. tho i have to say im very disappointed in my country...
ReplyDeleteMy problem with it was, if you disagree with it, fine, but don't go to a foreign country and bash him. It's like, I can talk about my family all I want, but let someone else do it and we'll be boxing, know what I mean?
ReplyDeleteThat being said, I did love their music. Have they put anything new out, or was it mainly older stuff. I bet they were really good live. mum
I totally agree mum. Perfect example.. I can call my brother an ass all I want.. but when someone else does?? Oh yea.. I'm ready for a throw down lol.
ReplyDeleteThe other problem I had with them saying what they did was.. what was the alternative?? If Bush didn't retaliate after their attacks.. we would look like a whimpy come and attack us some more b/c we won't stand up to you type of nation. Had we not brought the war to them, they would have brought it to us. I'm thankful that it was done over there vs. on U.S. soil. In my opinion, it made the Dixie Chicks sound dumb.. like they were just spouting off to win favor with the Brits.
I'm not saying I agree with war, but what I'm saying is.. if we didn't seek revenge for their attacks, it would have only gotten worse over here.
Your commenting again J, yay :) I know you can't stand your president all too well lol.
ReplyDeleteI get that mum, i do, but i think they were emotional and she tends to speak her mind and i don't think she looked at it like she was in a foreign country bashing the president. I think she looked at it like those people were allies who did not like the war either.
I know many do not think there is an alternative J but i can't accept that war was the way it had to go. Nothing has come out of it, the USA is no further ahead than it was before with al-qaeda other than Bin Laden being dead but i think they would have found him no matter. It certainly will not prevent another terrorist attack.
As for them spouting off, i referenced that already lol. You are very outspoken and Natalie is like that too, she says what she wants, and means what she says.
I just read an article where a florida mayor got arrested for drugs and a state trooper said to him "this is not toronto, you can't get away with that here" referencing a major city up here who's mayor has admitted to smoking crack.
So now you have a state trooper who is making cracks about a mayor in another country but because he is a police officer that makes it ok...........he will not be treated the way they were yet it is very similar.
There were also many many people upset and wanting them to play in the USA but while they do have many fans still i don't think they are comfortable trying. Our show here had many, many people and they have done very well.
Mum they had 1 or 2 new songs but i liked the way they did it, they sand their songs in order of which they were released, it was pretty cool.