Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 8, almost home time :(

On Thursday we were checking out of gold coast. We decided to have the breakfast buffet before leaving. I prefer food courts etc normally because i just don't wanna take the time to sit down in a restaurant. We never spent more than $15 a meal each other than @ Toby Keith. Food is just not a priority of mine, never has, never will be. I just need it to survive.

I had mostly everything ready so we could get ready for the night and then move over to MC for our last night. The plan was to meet up with some VMBers at 4pm then we would go on a pub crawl. With check in being so close 4 i wanted to be ready. 

We went down about 9:15 ish and there was a long line for breakfast. We got up there about 9:40 and i asked how they worked it (because it closes at 10). She said they didn't pull items until 10:30 and you had till 10:45 to eat. Works for me. Paid and we got in the shorter line. Realized when we got close that it was emerald members line. We stayed in that line anyways as it seems no one was emerald. It was full of patrons with only 2 per table though. They put us in front of many of the other "bigger" tables that were waiting.

Anyways, service wasn't as good this am but i chalk that up to it being busy. It wasn't horrible, just more average. They had enough items to satisfy and for 6$ who would complain anyways. 

We got a taxi and i told him to take flamingo to the strip. He wanted to take I15 to tropicana and i said no. I mapped it out and even with traffic it would have been longer. It was less than 13$ and again gave a 3+ tip as he listened to me. We did not sit long on the strip and i still feel it was the cheaper way to go.

Dropped our stuff off with bell services and off we went back to the strip. It was only noon so we were going to go get our drinks from fatbar that i bought with a groupon (50 oz slush with 5oz alcohol). The line at MC was long to check in so i didn't even bother trying to check in early. We had to bring our drink cups back anyways.

Now here i got confused a bit and messed up. I was very familiar with MB/luxor/excal area and the buses but not here around MC/MGM. I did NOT realize you could just walk across the street in front of the MC. I didn't see anyone waiting like the other corridors so when we exited beside diablo's we turned left. Stupid mistake, we had to go quite a ways till we could get to fatbar so what did i do???

Walked to the next bus stop, got on, took the bus down to luxor area, crossed the street and went back to the one closer to fatbar. This is why the bus pass came in so handy. I could have kept walking but this was our 2nd to last day. Legs were very sore by this point. We went back to grand canyon adventures as well so my husband could get some souvenirs for his family 

We got some samples and while my husband loves the strawberry daquiri back home they are made different here and it tasted weird. We both liked the passion fruit one so got that instead. 50 oz is a lot to drink, i could do that with a Gibby's & pepsi slush but not a fruit drink. I had my husband drink some of mine. Sat outside there enjoying the nice day for about 30 minutes and then it was 2:30, time to head back to check in. Hit the bus and away we went. 

Check in was easy, but they were not nearly as friendly as at the MB, more business like. The room was ok, we were only on the 5th floor and in order to get close to the elevator we had to take 2 queens. That was no big deal. We faced the construction at NYNY. Probably quieter there than the strip. We weren't in the room for the view anyways.

We got ready again, i had one eye that was leaking bad (from the wind, looked like i was a cry baby lol) and my make up kept disappearing on that eye and it was driving me crazy. My husband said to just leave it because as long as my eyes are open you couldn't see it (but you could). I couldn't do that so kept playing with it all night long ha ha.

Anyways, over we went to PH to pampas. We should have went with PBR as it was much more convenient lol. They were eating the tasting menu and we were going for happy hour so we had to sit at the bar. That was fine, i can't drink alcohol while eating (milk or water only, pop sometimes, have to have the water though for sure) so the bill was only $11, gave him a 50% tip to make up for it. Met up with Ladyfortuna, vegusnut and kiwicol (remember i wrote this for the message board first lol). They came over to the bar when they were done their meal and had another drink or 2 while waiting for us.

Hopped in a cab and off to hennessey for the pub crawl. $20 got you 6 drinks which was a good value.......except i do not like american alcohol, at all it seems. I bring over my own alcohol from canada or i dont drink. So my 2nd drink i paid $10 for a crown & coke. More than i have ever paid for one in my life, but we were in vegas, on our last night, i could splurge lol. The one thing i noticed is he did not measure, in canada you get exactly one ounce. I also have my serving it safe course and everything has to be measured here). He gave me more than 1 ounce which i was good because it was $10. 

I didn't care for the pub crawl, the company was great and we had a lot of fun. I didn't care for the format though. I would have had much more fun if we were dancing & listening to Arena again lol.

After the last bar i got them to move on under the canopy to go check them out. I remember they said they play thurs, fri & sat. They were there, and good, but by this time a couple people were drunk and wanted to go back. 

Even after the 8 drinks i had (one was a double ta boot) i was still feeling very sober, but having fun. I didn't want to leave but we came as a group & would leave as a group. The cab downtown was 13$ (he shut off meter when i told him he would get a bigger tip if he did that, i was joking, not thinking he would) but it would have only been about 15$. Cab back to MC was $26!! Big difference. 

Someone else paid the cab on the way there so i threw in 20, well another 20 came out of the back and boom cabbie got a $14 tip. Way too much for him i felt (didn't even say a word the whole way) but it wasn't my money so i couldn't ask for 10 back to give to the person who paid too much. I am not one to be taken for a ride easy and i just felt like he was of the mindset woohoo drunk people i can take advantage of.

We were not quite ready to go to bed and my husband was having a much more enjoyable night this time. He got along well with the gents so off we went to diablo's. When we got close to the inside doors there were people handing out wristbands. With that you got free cover when you bought a drink. We were going in anyways so wth, why not. Had to go around to the outside entrance though, a bit of pain but that is fine.

Now again, i am in customer service and have been for years and years. I even worked front desk at a hotel for a year. We get inside and the girl is giving the guys a hard time. I go up there and ask her what is the problem. She was cutting the bracelets off and said that the deal ended at midnight (was 1am). I said i don't think so, we JUST got here and they JUST handed them to us outside so that is crap. She kept trying to argue that we had to pay the $30 cover and i was having none of that. Finally she was like there is a line and i don't wanna argue with you so just pay your $10 for a drink here and i will give you a coupon. So that is what we did, but the $10 was price with tip as the drinks were just over $8. Someone paid tip on top of that. 

I was a bit pissed off at them trying to rip people off and i will be mentioning it on yelp. I don't mind paying cover if i want to go somewhere and pay cover. I don't want to be ripped off though and have them trying to sucker people. I watched her cut the bracelets off everyone else behind us and she did NOT give them drink tickets so i assume they paid the full cover. It pissed me off even more when i saw the guys on the street still handing out wristbands. I didn't want it to ruin my night but i just thought that was so shady. It left a sour taste in my mouth and i doubt i will ever step foot in there again. Taking advantage of people is just low no matter how you look at it. 

My husband bought the 2nd round and someone spilt their drink.........all over my white capris which i was going to wear on the plane home. Crap! What can ya do though. I didn't let that ruin my night either. Lady couldn't believe that i was still so sober. I told her at the beginning of the night i would be lol. I had fun, they had fun and i guess in the end that is what matters. It was 3:30 am by the time we got to bed........good thing our flight was not until 5.

2 comments: