Thursday, December 11, 2014

Disappointed :(

**Again, i know many people have it worse off, that doesn't mean i can't still be sad for myself**

Last night and today was pretty disappointing. My husband went to bed last night then got an email from Westjet, his flight this am was cancelled :(. It happened to be the only flight cancelled. He was really, really upset, i am too. We had all sorts of plans, shopping, baking etc needed to be done before the party on Saturday and with his brother coming early (because he is going to the city instead of coming for supper with the rest of the family) so much needs to be done in a very short time.

His plane won''t get here till 6pm tomorrow night, we have to go shopping and then it is an hour drive from the city. I am going to go in a bit early to get some of the shopping done ahead of time while i am waiting. Hopefully everything will be fine and he will be on time.

It has really thrown things off. Good thing i got two sets of cookies made already. There are still date squares, nanaimo bars, cocoa quickies, rice krispies with mint chocolate on top. That is probably all we will get done. That on top of having our Christmas together that morning, the couch cushions need washed as well as the floor. It will be a very busy day since everyone else is coming at 4 lol.

I got the turkey today because walmart had them on sale. I also wanted it to be thawed by Saturday as well. I got it for real cheap. I did not need a big one because i don't want a lot of leftovers so i am glad i didn't have to spend $30 on a bird. We only need a 10 pounder because there will be meatballs plus all the fixings.

He talked to his boss and we got them to extend his stay by one day because they made his flight 28 hours later than the original one. No charge for that of course but at least we won't lose that full day. I won't be online when he is here mostly cause i want to spend as much time with him as i can. My dog is going to be so so so excited.

I got my new laptop last week and it is awesome :). The only downfall is i can't figure out how to turn my touchpad off. I looked it up and what it says doesn't work. It shows the only mouse i have is my wireless one. Amazing what a year does for computers though. I hope everyone has a great Christmas with their families!!

No comments:

Post a Comment