![]() |
| This is me, after the doctors. Just a wee bit apprehensive |
Well; today was my appointment with a gyno in the city. I went prepared, and i tried to brace myself as much as possible but that did not stop the tears from sliding down my face when the doctor says there are 4 options but really, you only have 1. I was nervous, but for the first time in a long time i got a doctor who cares. He was wonderful with us and spent the time to actually explain everything. 45 minutes just in his office, we weren't just a number.
I knew what was coming, but that didn't make it any easier. I also know many many people are worse off than I, but that doesn't make me feel any better either right now.
My only choice is the major surgery which is now scheduled for November
2nd. He said mine is not the worst case he has seen (which i knew) but
that it was pretty bad. He also said he thinks i have endometriosis
(which is same as adenomyosis except different area) and that my ovary's
are cystic (kinda figured since i have had 2 surgeries and multiple
large cysts) so i have to have a full (not partial) hysterectomy. I did
not want partial anyways.
I also have a greater risk for complications because i have had two previous surgeries in the exact area and therefore lots of scar tissue and lesions.
He said my womb is the size of a cantaloupe when it should be the size of a grapefruit.
Now; the benefits! I will lose a minimum of 10 pounds on the operating table just from the removal of the uterus as it is that bulky and heavy right now. My bladder will go back to normal (have had issues for years) without the extra weight right on it. The bloating will go down by at least 50% he said which is also huge. I may not be skinny, but i won't feel like a beached whale.
While it will be nice to start to feel better (and potentially a lot better) this is still a hard thing on the mind. I will get through it, but i may be a wee bit emotional for a little while. He also said i will NOT have to go on hormones which is huge. So ya, if anyone was wondering, that is how my doctor's appointment went today.
I have a letter for 6 weeks off work but i am going to go back to my other job nights after 3 weeks. We just can't afford me to be down too long. The money my husband has saved would go pretty fast as he can not go back to work right away so he can help take care of me. I will tell him to go though if they call him back before then. My sister would stay with me if i needed her too.
I also have a greater risk for complications because i have had two previous surgeries in the exact area and therefore lots of scar tissue and lesions.
He said my womb is the size of a cantaloupe when it should be the size of a grapefruit.
Now; the benefits! I will lose a minimum of 10 pounds on the operating table just from the removal of the uterus as it is that bulky and heavy right now. My bladder will go back to normal (have had issues for years) without the extra weight right on it. The bloating will go down by at least 50% he said which is also huge. I may not be skinny, but i won't feel like a beached whale.
While it will be nice to start to feel better (and potentially a lot better) this is still a hard thing on the mind. I will get through it, but i may be a wee bit emotional for a little while. He also said i will NOT have to go on hormones which is huge. So ya, if anyone was wondering, that is how my doctor's appointment went today.
I have a letter for 6 weeks off work but i am going to go back to my other job nights after 3 weeks. We just can't afford me to be down too long. The money my husband has saved would go pretty fast as he can not go back to work right away so he can help take care of me. I will tell him to go though if they call him back before then. My sister would stay with me if i needed her too.

it sounds like this will be a great thing in the long run! best of luck.
ReplyDeleteHey, gal. I've got some catching up to do! I started with this post. All of that sounds so major, but you've been dealing with this for so long. Hopefully you'll get a lot of benefit from it. mum
ReplyDeleteyes mum, it has been a while so you have a lot to catch up on
Deletethank you
Delete