Monday, December 21, 2015

An update - TMI warning.

Sorry i have not been able to update here. I have been sick every night for the last week and not on the computer much or even my phone. Matter of fact my tummy didn't settle till after 8 am this morning and i didn't get out of bed till 4. My eyes hurt so bad i just couldn't open them.

I am going to be frank, because there really is no way to bullshit around this. I have runny diarrhea anywhere from 4-8 times a day. I have a lot of gas, even though i am eating fairly healthy. I have 30 seconds to run to the bathroom before i have an accident (been doing good and not having them but i had to wear pads the first 10 days because i was). I then stay there from 10-40 minutes. My stomach muscles contract hard and so i get a lot of pain. My rear burns by the end of the day. It is tiring and awful to go through. I have cramps, pains and the gassy sounds all day/night. It is good that i am going but.............that doesn't help me get through it. Some days i am almost crying the pain/burning is that bad.

I see my family doctor at the end of the month to get my discharge summary and my pathology results and will ask him about it. It is strictly liquid mucus. i haven't had a single normal BM yet. I was reading about this surgery and one woman had this for 9 months and almost committed suicide because she didn't want to live the rest of her life like this. It finally got better for her. I can't go far or do much because i have to be near a bathroom at all times. Put it this way, by the time i get up and reach my bathroom 50 feet away i go the instant i sit.

I have 2 small open wounds still (it was 9 cm open to begin with) and home care a couple times a week. I have a growth that is bleeding a bit and has pus. I may have to get it burnt with silver nitrate (i hope that doesn't hurt). I will have to check with my doctor on that. I have only been able to have 2 showers since i got home because of the bandages (now have different ones, but can only have 1 shower till they are changed) and i can't have someone shave my legs yet (huge excema type rash patches everywhere) because the sores are in the way and it bothers me. I am not one to go for the European look. I am just glad it is not summer.

On a positive note my Rosecea has not been around lately. The air at the hospital was extreme dry and i had no one to put lotion on me. It was so bad going in that i had blots and red patches all over my face every single day. I had no choice but to wear foundation every day just to get even skin and i am not the type to wear make up every day unless i am in an office setting that expects it. The stuff for the redness didn't work on me. It was horrible, i looked gross. Also, i had really greasy hair the day after washing it for years now. I only had a shampoo cap for the month that i was in the hospital and have only had my hair washed 3 times since i came home and it now looks good for 4-5 days. No more greasy hair so far. I am thankful for that because the greasiness looked gross as well but washing your hair every 2nd day is not good for the hair so i only washed it every 3rd day.

I am still grateful that i am alive and home for Christmas. One of my neighbors passed away last week. He was only 40, a drug dealer and not the best person or parent but he still had loved ones, and was young. He had a seizure in his sleep and didn't make it.

My husband has an interview in a town that is about 1.5 hours from here. I hope it goes well and he takes it. The pay is not the best, but he would get a raise every year. Has benefits and pension. He used to pick up milk from farms and instead of pick ups he would be delivering pig feed for a plant. It is similar to what he used to do. There isn't really good money here driving local unfortunately. If he gets that job that means we would rent a place for February 1st and move. I cant work full time until this stomach issue gets better and i am hoping it is better by then.

I am going to write another post with all the christmas stuff as this was getting too long. That pretty much sums up how things are. I am eating fairly normal now. Watching my grease intake but eating treats a bit too, in moderation.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are home atleast.. That sounds terrible but it will be worth it once you are feeling better! I've tried not washing my hair and I feel so greasy I just can't do it. Good for you that something positive came out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. i am glad to be home too. It is really terrible. I am hoping i do not have months of this.

      washing your hair every day depletes the natural oils and is not good for you but sometimes you just gotta.

      Delete