Monday, December 7, 2015

I am home!

HI all.

I got them to let me out of the hospital Thursday. I think it was more cause they needed a bed than anything else. I thought i would have to be transferred but i didn't need an IV or TPN anymore so they just outright released me. There was no talk of it so i was shocked but happy.

The two nights before i got out i was feeling defeated and just wanted to go home. My husband called me cause i was upset and i would cry that i was tired of being in the hospital. 4 weeks is a long time.

It was hard. I could barely walk that first day. I guess i looked like crap too cause we went to Costco to take my prescriptions (ouch) and i couldn't walk around the store so i went to the food court. An older gentleman came up after i was sitting there 10 minutes and asked if i was OK and needed help.

I couldn't eat much when i came home. A 1/2 cup of chicken noodle soup at a time. I tried oatmeal but i couldn't even eat 1 small pack so i stopped as i didn't want to waste it. I just ate bits at a time when i felt hungry. Today is day 4 and my first "real" meal since November 7th. Food doesn't taste right at the moment. I hope my taste buds wake up in the future as it would suck if food tasted as gross as it does right now.

I lost 36 pounds overall so far. I am going to stay with these small meals (i was doing it already, but even smaller) and hopefully either i keep going with weight loss or that i don't add any on. I gained a pound or two once i started eating but that is too be expected when you have 23 days without anything at all.

I am still counting my blessings as i am hoping in the end i will be much better than i was. Things work out for a reason and it works out that i quit my day job. I wouldn't have been able to do the job for a long time yet. I am going back to my casual job come december 14th but it is an easy one. The biggest thing will be staying awake. I can sit or walk as much as i want. I am going back to a night shift but then don't have another night shift again until January. According to the nurse yesterday i can't go back to the arena till at least the end of January. It is too demanding. The job i quit keeps calling me to go in and finish up some things i need to do and get some billing done. They are just going to have to wait a couple more days.

I have home care every day right now but i don't have much discharge from my wound so i can go to 3 times a week. I need to get an order for that though.

I go back to the doctors tomorrow for a follow up. I have come a LONG way since the hospital. I am doing much better at home than i was there. I don't do anything here really. I made the sauce for my supper tonight as my husband didn't know how but my husband has really come through for me. My sister as well. She added more color to my hair yesterday (it faded out so bad with all the sweating i did in the hospital).

My biggest upset though right now is that i haven't been able to go Christmas shopping or put up my tree. Last year i did it December 6th cause i needed help but normally i have it done December 1st. I like to shop for people. Christmas is my favorite holiday.

I am hoping to get my cathedar out tomorrow and to use some of my shopper's points to go shopping. This flyer has some of the things i want to buy for people on sale. With me not working i have to get creative. The people i have to buy for is a short list anyways.

I think that is long enough for now. I will update another day this week after i go to the doctor.

2 comments: