We are moving. Not to the town i thought, about 30 minutes from there to the town where my husband got the job. The place we are renting is also more than we wanted to spend while we have a mortgage but it has a huge yard, a big kitchen with lots of cupboards and a decent size living room, 3 bedrooms and a nice bathroom with a deep soaker tub. My husband has not even seen it. I put the deposit today because i didn't want to continue searching (that gets expensive and time consuming). It is harder with a pet but i won't give up my boy. It is decent enough that he will be OK with it.
We now have to get this house ready to sell. The painting is almost done but we were packing last week before i ended up in the hospital (more on that below). I wasn't doing much but i was guiding him on what we need now, and what we can keep packed until we buy another house. Our house is a mess. Upstairs is good but downstairs is full of things everywhere. We (not me) are moving a load on Sunday so that will make a difference for sure. I applied for a whackload of jobs. I am hoping to get something fast even though i have this huge bowel issue still. We just can't afford for me to not be working full time.
So ya, onto the hospital thing. I just spent another 4 nights in the hospital. In fact the first time i went to look at places with my husband (which was a bust) i had a pass from the hospital. It was the first time i got to eat in 3 days so i was a lot more worn down.
Thursday after i ate i had a pain across my stomach and i wasn't feeling good. I don't feel good every day but this felt different. I was then just expelling colored water. Friday i called my doctor office and he wasn't in (turns out he was in surgery at the hospital, i saw him later) and they said i should go to the hospital. My home care nurse then came and said the same thing so soon as she left i went.
Now, it has only been exactly 2 months since my surgery and i was really, really sick so they took me pretty seriously even though i did not present with pain at the time. The doctor i got was one that was on the day i got sent to the city by ambulance and she remembered me, that helped too. She did an xray and consulted with the surgeon. I should have been full of shit, literally, but i wasn't and she was puzzled. There didn't appear to be a blockage so i figured i was going home.
The surgeon came in (from home) to look at the Xray. He then popped his head in and said that my stomach was full, and distended so he was admitting me and putting the tube down my nose again. They were puzzled, because it made no sense. I personally don't think i am digesting. I am distended today just like i was before my surgery. In fact i am feeling pretty dejected because my stomach was soft for the first time in 2 years.
They didn't have any beds so i thought they would send me home until they did. I told him i had to go grab some stuff as i was not prepared to spend the night and drop my car off if he did admit me. I was just waiting for the nurse, because i thought i was going to get released. She came 30 minutes later with the tubing to go in my nose and i had all my stuff on ready to leave. She was like didn't he tell you that you are getting admitted. I said ya, but you have no beds. She was like you will stay in emerg till we have one.
I then did what i had to do. When i came back i was prepared, even brought a couple pillows. The nurse then tried to put the tube in my right side but it refused to go in, holy heck did that ever hurt. She didn't try to hard but went to the left where i had it in before. That hurt too but not nearly as bad. Immediately i noticed extreme discomfort in 4 different areas the tube passed. I think i still had irritation as it had only been 6 weeks since the other one was pulled out. at 10:30 they told me they did have 1 bed but it was in a room with an older man (they do not put same sex together at this hospital) and i said i am fine with that, it is better than this stretcher and quieter too. 11:30 they moved me and it was one of my home care nurses that came to get me.
I didn't sleep well that night, about 4 hours but that was better than the 1.5 from the night before. The next day they were able to move me across the hall with an older (100) lady which i was happy about because the gentleman had a TV and when i am sick i like it quiet. I had the tube in until there was nothing left in my stomach. If you have never had your stomach pumped let me tell you, you never want too. On Sunday i got the tube out but was still NPO until after my cat scan the next day. That kind of sucked. I had my cat scan at 10 on Monday and i was not allowed to have toast until 2 pm. I was hungry!! The doctor told me i could have a pass to go look at a place so i left just after 3. My brother brought me my car, he was looking after my dog since my husband left that morning for the new job.
I didn't get back to the hospital till after 11. I had called twice to update them on my time but i thought i would be in trouble coming in that late. I wasn't. The trip was a bust, and long, and i was tired. My sister, husband and i were all a bit irritated for various reasons and so we were all a bit testy. We got over it though. The 2nd night i did not have any diarrhea for the first time in 6 weeks so i slept good for only the 3rd night since i had been home. The night i got in late i was allowed to have supper so when i got back i had all my medicines and went to sleep about 1-1:30. 3:30 i woke up and had excruciating gas pain (first time eating in 3 days) for an hour. That was horrible.
My CT scan showed no blockage. There was still inflammation around my surgery site inside. He was going to change my medication. I had a feeling that he was going to keep me for another night. My brother got called in for a training course though and he thought i would be out that day so was not going back to my house. I couldn't call him either so soon as the doctor left my room i realized i didn't ask to get released and had to get the nurse to tell him my dog needed me.
I am doing OK but i think there is something more going on here. For me to be bloated again that's not cool. My tummy had a lot of air in it too. Let's hope that this all gets better very soon. I think i have a long way to go still.
Wow! that's great news, right? Which part of Canada do you live in?
ReplyDeleteYes, it is.
DeleteRight now we are in Central Canada. Literally the middle of North America. We are a couple hours from the Border.
The town we are moving too is South Central and it is only 40 minutes to the border. It is in between the 2 highways that one can enter the USA into Minnesota from. If i turned right from the new house i would hit one in 2 minutes and if i turned left from the new house i would hit the other one in 10 minutes.
I would love to take a weekend this summer though and turn right because i have never been that way before. Will see what the fundage does lol.
I'm going to clarify... the house part/job part =great the hospital not so great!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you are still having so many medical problems. And then to be attempting a move in the middle of it all is a lot. Prayers that things start to heal properly. mum
ReplyDeletethank you mum
Delete