I can't figure out a title for this post. I got an invitation yesterday for a "wedding party" on facebook (real invites will not be going out) and it has me a bit bothered. I am not really sure why. I was invited to the actual wedding too but that is probably rescinded now. I wouldn't go anyways.
Anyways, my cousin that i barely know got engaged and i was excited for her, then i got this fb invite. This is verbatim right from the page.
"After wedding party, bon fire, drinks, and good time. Must bring a presentation(cash) or BYOB if your not drinking please bring a food to share :)"
I was/am a bit floored. She is telling people they HAVE to bring cash (they are not invited to the wedding) or their own alcohol, and if they do not drink bring food for everyone??
WTF!!! I sent her a message and told her it was rude to ask for money. I then asked if she was going to supply any food since she is telling people they have to bring her money to a backyard bonfire (seeing as most are not invited to the wedding). She said nope, food is too much money, that it is costing her 1300 for 50 people already (from a backyard bbq place, she must have top shelf because when i inquired it wasn't 26$ a person). I then said it was rude to be asking people for money, especially when she is not giving them anything. She said it was expensive to get a port a potty, decorations, etc. I then said guests are not supposed to pay for your wedding. She said she wasn't asking them too.
She could not get it through her head that it is rude. I told her she could do food for cheap, but she refuses. She said if people drink her booze they better give her money because she will not pay for them. She kind of uninvited me after that. She had me in the group for the actual wedding then posted there she was making a new one and didn't invite me. I wouldn't go to a wedding like that even if i could. I ALWAYS give presentation, but this is a new one for me.
Things are different in Canada than many places in the USA. Etiquette is sorely lacking here, but many people pay for the weddings themselves where i find a lot of times in the USA parents have saved up for the wedding. Cash Bars are normal. I did a lot of research and the ONLY etiquette faux pas i made was having a cash bar. As soon as we took the alcohol back and paid the bill i wished we had an open bar. At the time i thought it would be thousands of $$ and the only open bars i had been too were people who had fathers that paid that bill. We did our entire wedding ourselves so i didn't think we could afford it.
I can't wrap my head around this though, i just can't. I stopped responding to her because i had nothing left to say.
Moving on, so i went to the doctor's today. I got an emergency slot since we are moving this weekend. He wanted to give me a sick note for more time off, i told him i had to work, but it is tough when i have these nasty smelling farts that i can't control, and these accidents. The doctors at the hospital thought i have two separate issues so i go see the surgeon tomorrow to see if i can get in for a scope next week before i am gone. My doctor thinks an upper GI may shed light on a few things. I am not too sure, but i know i can not go for a colonoscopy which i need badly until i am healed.
I am ashamed to say i went out and bought "underwear" aka diapers today. I have no choice though. My husband was very supportive because i called him in tears. He has been amazing through all this, way way better than i thought he would be.
I have sent out a bunch of resumes. If i get a call back and interview i can't be running to the bathroom at the drop of a hat so i got these to wear. I just need to figure out how to cover the toots. They are loud, and they reek. I can't even step out of the room because 85% of the time they come on their own without warning. I have been taking Imodium and that has helped some with how often i go but not enough. I am sleeping at night where i wasn't before so that is a bonus.
My husband comes home this weekend and we have to try and pack a lot of crap and get it moved on Sunday. I can't do anything on my own here. I have to take my little tree down and put my ornaments away. I worked nights Monday and Tuesday though and evenings Thursday and Friday so i don't have any time. I only got 4 hours sleep today and didn't do a lot this evening. I got my make up put away and did my nails but i had no desire to do much. I am too tired, but yet awake, i should be sleeping.
I had to go shopping for my dogs treats tonight. The town we are moving too doesn't have a Walmart. It doesn't have a Tim Hortons, or a Dollarama or anything else for that matter. It has a couple restaurants, 1 very small gas station, and 1 grocery store. Everything else is 30 minutes away. It was over an hour to Costco from where we are now and will be about 35 minutes from the new town so that's not too bad. It will be weird though not running to the store when we need something.
I had a lot more to say before and i can not remember it so i will write again later.
that is tacky to ask for money so straight out like that. do they not do registries? like for gifts? it has to be money? sounds like a good thing you aren't going. sorry to hear of the gi issues. i can't even imagine what that's like. i hope you get relief from that soon. hugs!
ReplyDelete