I had a wicked long day on the 27th but i drove 3.5 hours rd trip to meet this precious boy.
We never thought my brother would have kids because he was single for 18 years so this has been really exciting for our family. New babies are always exciting but even more so.
Introducing Alexander Michael. He was 8 pd 4 oz (same as my brother at birth) and 24 inches long!!!
![]() |
| This is my absolutely favorite picture and the one that made me cry. The love between them is unreal. |
![]() |
| He looks JUST like my brother did as a baby |
![]() |
| My big baby, almost 18!! He looks just like his mom too lol. |
On an unrelated note, I have met someone that makes me want to date only one person. It came out of left field. I totally was not expecting it but I am quite excited. The attraction when we met in person was very strong. I usually hug the person I am meeting to "break the ice", well neither of us wanted to let go right off the bat. The first thing he said was "Wow, you are even more beautiful in person". We have both disabled our online accounts. I know some people are leery of online dating but with my schedule it is impossible otherwise and I have met some really good people. While I am ready to be exclusive there are 2 people I am not looking forward to telling. One of them i would have dated and have been talking to him for months but with his situation it would probably be another 6 months or so before he would be ready for anything. He cares about me a lot but I knew going into it with him the situation. I only see him every couple weeks but we talk often. I imagine we will still be friends though.
He is black, and Muslim, will be 40 in a month and an absolutely sweetheart and very easy on the eyes. He is exactly what I need at this point in my life. In fact all the people I have been meeting are black, and a few have been Muslim. I didn't know that it was such a strong religion/faith in Africa. I thought it was strictly an Indian religion before. Just shows how much there is to learn about the world. **Update** I wrote this post on the 28th or 29th and he was at my place last night (30th) and asked me to officially be his girl and only his.
I don't settle easy. I have seen a few people since I left my ex. Most of them have been black and they have all been good people. I am still not looking forward to telling F*, he is the one I have been seeing the longest and in a situation where his focus needs to be himself and his children right now. He was the one I would have dated in a heart beat. He text me last night before H* came over but I wasn't ready to mention it yet, plus at that point I wasn't his girl yet. He will be very understanding. He has told me he didn't want me to put my life on hold for him even though he cared for me. He said he didn't want me to miss out on anything. I am hoping to stay friends with him though. He texts me every couple days, he is very thoughtful.
I was texting a good friend that I hang out with often and told her I am now taken and she is super happy for me but even she said he must be pretty damn special for me to want to be exclusive. It isn't because I need a lot of people either. It is because once you do that, the potential to get hurt is huge and being vulnerable is not something I like. It has been 10 years since I have "dated", that is scary. Up until this point I haven't been in the position to be hurt. My ex wasn't even this sweet at the beginning. I have even told him about my trip to Mexico with my ex. He doesn't quite understand why I would want to go on the trip since we are not together (most people don't, but if you saw us as friends you would see, nothing there on my end) but he appreciates the fact I was upfront about it. I would not sleep with my ex, that would muddle the waters for him. Now that I am dating someone it won't even cross my mind. I imagine this isn't something that would be easy to accept but I have had this trip booked for a long time. It seems in Africa once you split with an ex you have nothing to do with them.
My only concern is his work schedule. He works 2 jobs, a lot of evenings and I work days. He works every weekend. He absolutely will make time for me and he told me that from the beginning but he won't be able to go out with me and do things which is what I wanted. I am going to take the compromise on that though because I can't imagine he will work so much forever. He also doesn't drink what so ever, that is part of the muslim faith. He won't even be around people when they are drinking. I am not sure how it is if he will go to parties and such where there is alcohol. I will have to find out. He is such a total sweetheart though and soooooo good for my head. The sexual chemistry is HUGE. I didn't expect the pull to be so strong, I didn't think he did either and OMG amazing. I can't wait until I am fully healed to experience the full potential of this match.



That is great news!! I'm so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on being an aunt!
DeleteWhere did you go? Update!?!
ReplyDeleteim here, just so much going on and not in a good way that i haven't had a lot of time to blog. It will be a month before things settle down for me.
Delete