Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'm Back!!!

Unfortunately there is too much to update on that i will have to break it down into seperate posts, i do not think i will have time for that until after we move, probably 2 weeks from now before i have more than a blurb. We spent 10 hours working on the new house (or shopping for it yesterday) after being gone all weekend that was a bit much, i slept n slept last night n napped today, tomorrow will continue with new house.

With that being said i will leave you with this: 2 hours in the sun got me on the higher end of 2nd degree burns, this is AFTER it peeled, the burn under the burn, that happened the first day & i had to suffer with all weekend. This is from his camera so not the greatest of quality nor does it even come close to showing the severity. It is so bad that within 10 seconds of aloe vera w/lidocane & after the sun lotion (seperately) they both burned so bad i was crying & hubby was frantic to get it off and add ice till it got cooler.

Burn under the Burn undermath, covered in bandages now.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my. :(

    The picture makes it look like three things are sticking out of your back but is that just something on your couch? I hope it's something on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I had 2nd degree burns years ago and they hurt like HELL!! I ended up getting this spray stuff from walmart that had aloe, cortizone and a cooling agent in it...sorry I forget the name. Worked great!! (tho it was sticky until it dried) I wasn't able to stand anyone rubbing anything on me b/c it hurt too bad so it worked for me. I lived on that, tylenol (for the pain) and benadryl (for the itching) for a week!!

    Hope yours heals fast :)

    If this is any indication of how easily you burn, I suggest bringing a gallon of sunscreen when you come to Florida lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is better but itchy today, i never burn like this, i get BLACK in the summer, i mean super dark, but this day was extremely hot & no where to turn, in fact the weekend was very hot, hotter than it has been in years n years up here.

    Aloe burnt it more, one side i won't need a bandage anymore, it is fine, the other is still very tender to the touch so i do not want to chance the lotion & having it burn more right now so i will get the hubs to put more poly & more bandage on it tonight n hope it will be even better tomorrow. The redness has gone down a lot though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it heals fast. But.. if it doesn't.. least that's an excuse you can use so you don't have to do much moving and lifting on moving day! lol

    I really can't believe how hot it's been lately. I thought Florida was hot as hell.. then I see the news and I think we're cooler right now compared to a lot of U.S. states. Hell.. Nebraska, Dc, Pennsylvania, Maine.. and all those Northern states are much hotter than we are right now! It's crazy!! For once, I can actually say I'm glad i'm in florida for the summer instead of somewhere else lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There seems to be a heat wave everywhere right now, ours has snapped a bit. My burn is healed but dry, going to try after the sun again. My foot is now swollen though, so wtf lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad those were flowers. That's odd that your foot is swollen now. I don't know how that relates to sunburn - if it doesn't get any better, you may want to contact a doctor about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has gotten better, i tensored it tight for 2 days, cause it got swollen again after 1 day. I will keep an eye on it.

    ReplyDelete