I am weird. I get grossed out very easily, over normal things. I am a germaphobe. I decided to make a list of them, as well as just some of my quirks, i am very very very tired so let's hope i remember them all.
I can not STAND if someone touches my drink, if you put your lips to it, it's yours, idc if i am literally dieing of thirst & there is nothing around for miles, i REFUSE to touch it again. It took a year or so before G could touch my drinks, he did not understand it. He would say "you will kiss me but not share a drink"? It made no sense to him but i can't stand the thought of backwash. Turns my stomach completely.
I also can't handle someone brushing their teeth. Weird. I know. I can't handle the spitting, nor same if they use mouthwash. Turns my stomach completely as well. I have a hard time with toothpaste ever since i took champix to quit smoking so i don't use it often, but if you touch my toothpaste i will not touch it again, that end has touched your brush, which has touched your mouth. GROSS!!!
I only eat chicken fingers & french fries at restaurants. I do not trust anything that has to be prepared. You see so many kitchens that are discusting on the news/tv etc so i refuse to eat from them, but i will eat at mcdonald's where they do not wear hair nets or gloves. How ironic.
As well as drinks i will not share food/utensils. I see people doing this with babies & i get discusted. I never did that with my son, even worse is when i see someone sharing something with a dog. I let my dog lick me but never on my lips, i could not imagine letting him lick my ice cream cone. Sorry but that one is F***ing sick.
I can't clean up someone else's puke. When G gets drunk & sick he has to clean it up himself & he does.
Being a germaphobe I HAVE to wash my hands 50 million times a day (resulting in extremely dry hands) but yet i don't wash every time i go to the bathroom, only if i somehow got them dirty. I am of the mindset unlike a man i do not actually touch myself when wiping so therefore they are not dirty.
I MUST change my underwear every single day, also even if i only put them on 15 minutes before deciding to have a shower i can NOT put the same underwear on after a shower either. I have bladder issues which cause leakage issues so the thought of wearing them more than a day creeps me out. I also MUST take them off at night, i can NOT sleep with underwear or socks. If i fall asleep with socks on because i am freezing (rare) then i always end up taking them off with my feet as soon as i am warm. I can not stand to have things on my feet.
I have to eat the same amount of candies on each side of my mouth, i usually have to eat the same colors too, for example, if i have a red skittle i must have 2, one for the left side, one for the right. G thinks i am completely nuts with this one. Who eats candies 2 by 2 & the same color? Like really!
I have to have my pillows exactly in place before i climb into bed. I have 6, they all have a specific purpose. I have a hard time sleeping without them. Bare minimum at a hotel is 4.
I am very picky with my food (plain) so i rarely eat when others cook. I do not want to make a fuss so i just eat later or eat out on my way somewhere. I was very sick for a long time & have stomach issues again so i don't have much choice.
I am afraid of electricity. I will not touch a plug in. I will wait until someone is around unless i am in dire need, that is both to plug in & unplug things. I got electricuted when i was 5 & i have never ever forgotten it. It has traumatized me for life. People think it is weird & that i need to get over it but that is like telling someone that is afraid of spiders to pick one up. Good luck with that one. It actually really pisses me off when people can't just accept the fact & have to bitch about it making me feel worse. Like seriously pisses me off. I think it is sooooo ignorant to belittle the fact i have a very real fear, a crippling one at that.
I am sure there is something else, but i can't think of it right now. These are the weirdest anyways. What grosses you out?
Thanks for the chuckle. I am certainly not laughing at you, because it sounds like you're laughing at your self, but I get how things that make perfect sense to you don't make sense to anyone else. The older I get, the more freaky I am about germs, too. It's almost like I want to be surrounded by some Lysol barrier. LOL. Have a great day! mum
ReplyDeletehahah omg.. I am really starting to believe that we are twins.
ReplyDeleteMy list of gross things:
Backwash: check
Sharing drinks: check
Sharing toothpaste: check
listening to or hearing someone spit: check
puke: check (can't even clean up my own)
changing underware often: check (in the summers here, I prob change mine like 4 times a day b/c I can't stand to feel like they're dirty or sweaty or anything)
pillows: check I may not make my bed every day, but I will DEFINITELY fix my pillows the way I want them each time I get into bed. When I go to a hotel, I call down and ask for 2 more pillows lol
Food: I hardly ever eat something someone else has prepared. The thoughts that go through my head when I see it are: how clean are these ppl? How clean is their kitchen? Do they have pets? Will I end up eating pet hair? Or their own hair? Did they wash their hands often when making it? Usually I just say fuck it and won't eat it unless I really really know the person and already know how clean they are.
I'm afraid of creepy-crawly things. Spiders, lizards, snakes, roaches, etc. I will refuse to go out in the yard if a snake was spotted there 3 days ago! I've locked my own mother out of the house (while I was inside) b/c she saw a snake and chased it away but I was convinced she had it lol
I won't touch raw meat of any kind but if I absolutely HAVE to, I have to wear latex gloves.
I'm sure I have more.. these are just the top of my head type list.
LOL glad you got a chuckle mum, i am sure this wasn't the post you would be expecting. I know my quirks so they don't bother me lol.
ReplyDeleteHa ha Jen ya i think we are.......cosmic twins. It is so uncanny how much we are alike. Funny how everything listed is almost the same.
I love snakes...........behind glass, they fascinate me, but i hate scorpions, they are so scary.
I can touch raw meat but i wash my hands every single move i make, so 3-4 times when preparing something.
That whole thing with kitchens is me, i know someone who bleaches her counter after raw chicken because of food poisoning who will not eat anything that has not gone through the process. I think it is pretty common.
I definitely have quirks so no judgement here. We aren't totally the same but I get where you're coming from with a few of these.
ReplyDelete