Ok so once again if you dont know my dog spilled milk on the laptop frying the key that rhymes with "p""c"v" aka the b key. It will not take long to realize it. i did not realize how often we use that key until i couldn't use it anymore. *update* Spellcheck is great, it caught most of them, then i came to work & tried to catch what i missed!!! This is a very long post btw
Ok so first i am going to start off with the tragedy in Connecticut. Of course that is what everyone is talking about these days but most are focusing on the children because of their age. The adults are getting forgotten by a lot of people :(. It is a complete senseless tragedy & from reading news reports most people want gun laws to be tougher. I don't think that will make a difference to be honest. People kill people, not guns, they just make it easier but making the laws tougher will not stop those truly insane or those who are really intent. It is just a deterrent & punishes a lot of innocent people who have done nothing wrong.
I think more focus needs to be put on mental health more than anything. So many of these tragedies happen because someone fell through the system. This kid killed his mother first so of course no one will ever know why he went to the school. Obviously he wanted to go out like jesse james (not literally, just meant notorious). Extremely sad & it will take a long time for people to recover.
We did Christmas when my mom was here as i mentioned. It was ok but i was pretty offended. We all play games on facebook but her & my brother couldn't leave them alone. We had to wait on them to open presents & they played them all leading up to our meal. My mom knew i was pissed. I came in this room & closed the door i was so insulted. She then got upset & was like don't be like that. I said I'm sorry but if we are so shitty company that we cant have Christmas without the electronics then why bother. As everyone knows my mom is very sick so at home her games are all she has when she is alone but this was supposed to be our Christmas & to me that means no electronics!!!
I got some nice tops from my mom as well as something from the garden (not sure if i posted this in last post). I got the gorgeous jewelry box (i know i mentioned it) from my husband as well as gold sleeper earrings. I got my husband his tool chest as well as a man beauty set (mustache trimmer, nail clippers etc) & tools for his new tool chest. We got my son some clothes, the game risk & an axe (the body-wash) set. We have stockings left that we just put up today. We will do those this coming weekend, play games, listen to Christmas music even though my husband is sick of it & have a few drinks. We will then have another Christmas dinner on Sunday.
We both work Christmas this year so we are going out for new years for the first time ever. I was glad to work Christmas so i had an excuse when it came to my family. I mean the obvious excuse would be because of this family member but my brother & i FINALLY had that talk from months ago that needed to happen yesterday & he told me we were invited to the family Christmas obviously & i said i would never go because of this person (the one i mentioned in the posts i reverted to drafts when i made the blog public again). He said this person is the only one not invited. I was a it shocked because of everyone being around him when this all happened. He also told me that they figure the jail term would start in February. 14-18 months & he has no pre-trial custody as there is no trial, he pleaded guilty. I will go to the courthouse soon to find out exactly what is going on. I hope he gets run outta town work wise after this. It was nice to finally tell my brother how i feel. He is like my dad, he never wants to hear about feelings etc. It was much needed & made me feel better that's for sure.
I would love the sleigh ride through the island of lights but i don't have ski pants this year due to my weight gain & the dog ate my long johns so i will just keep saying, oops i working!!! I did take the day off for geno's family Christmas though which this year is at a hall.
I am excited for my husband to see what is in his stocking though it will be light this year. I am ordering him this fxr aviator hat that he wants that the shop here no longer sells. He has a fxr jacket (as anyone who has a quad or sled usually has) & needs ski pants as Austin wrecked his a few years ago & he has been mucking through with his hunting ones but they are not the best. I found a Canadian website online to order from that has good clothes & the good quality fxr ones are $110 off right now so he put the money on my cc & i am going to order them on payday after i transfer more money to order the hat. He wont get it before Christmas but he will have the pic to know it is coming. I would have ordered it last payday but it is free shipping once u order $50 so i convinced my husband to get the ski pants out of his Christmas money from his employer, this way i could order the hat too lol. I just looked & the plain one is out of stock so i have to get the black/white one & his jacket is camo & black. Maybe i will let him pick as there is an orange/black one too.
I am really looking forward to his other present though. I am pampering myself for new years so i am getting a facial & barefoot massage done after our work Christmas party on Thursday. The new girl at the salon i go to was having a special to get customers so 50% off services. My husbands feet hurt bad from being on them so long during the day so when he gets home they ache & pain shoots up his legs when he walks. I got him a barefoot massage too & even booked the apt. I will pay for it Thurs when i go in & get them to do up a gift certificate so there is something in his stocking. Not the traditional gift but i am sure he will enjoy it.
My poor husband went to work for one of my families friends who owns one business in town here that my dad sub-contracts for yesterday morning @ 7:30. The friend who asked him didn't mention how long they would be gone just that they had a boston pizza about 1.5 hrs away to do. So 6 pm i ask him what the scoop is & he tells me they gonna be there all night. They didn't finish the restaurant till 3:30 am & he got back just after 5 so poor guy was so so so tired. I had to wake him at lunch too so that he would sleep tonight.
I made chocolates with my brother last night, that was supposed to be what we did today but i knew my husband would not be up for it after that 22.5 hr day. I got all the caramel ones done & just need to do the peppermint patties as well as the rice krispie ones. I also made my first pie ever from scratch. Apple, it supposedly is pretty good. I will take his word for it or he wouldn't have ate it.
My boss phoned me yesterday because she could tell by notes I've left lately that i been extremely frustrated having to constantly do multiple things every time this one girl works. I told her exactly how i feel & we were supposed to have a staff meeting in January to make sure everyone on same page again as we have new staff. Now it has been moved up to this Friday so i am curious to see what happens lol.
Well i think that was long enough.
Work issues are never good so I really hope everything gets worked out. Good luck!
ReplyDeletethanks krysten
ReplyDelete