I hope everyone had a great Christmas spent with their families. If you don't celebrate Christmas then i hope you had a good day anyways. I hope you all got spoiled!!!
This year my husband had to work & got new year's off so i figured i might as well work & get new year's off as well. We had a dinner with my mom when she was here & i made a dinner this past weekend & invited some cousins over. We had a good time. What i wasn't prepared for was the emotional upheaval i had yesterday over having to work. I spent half the evening crying. I know a lot of people have it worse than me, of course i know that. It sure didn't make me feel better having to work for the first time ever on Christmas. I don't even get to see my son & he never even called me :(.
I got a bit spoiled like usual. As i mentioned already i got the jewelry chest i needed, some expensive earrings (knowing the price makes me hope they never break), a lawn ornament, some tops, Christmas earrings & chocolates when we had Christmas with my mom. I then got gossip girl season 5, expensive perfume (Givenchy play), while it may not be expensive to some my favorite perfume of all time is only $20 but this one is almost 100 with the lotions it came with. My husband likes the more expensive perfumes & this year i told him it doesn't have to be my favorite just get me something nice. Not sure totally what i think of it yet but i know i will wear it, it doesn't smell horrible, it is just one of those things, i always need to get used to a new scent before i love it. He also got me some Christmas tree ornaments. He got me the 3 pack of Calgary flames balls that i mentioned when we were at c-tire, never thought anything more of it. Then he got me a gingerbread man with a flames Santa hat as well as a Winnie the pooh snow globe but that isn't for the tree. He also got me a gift card for kobo which of course i went through right away, i love my books lol.
My dad got us a huge huge picture frame as well as a Winnipeg jets throw blanket. I love throw blankets but the jets aren't my team nor they ever will be. Last year he bought us jets sweaters which are nice but still not my team. The Calgary flames have always & will always be my team. I think people just go crazy over this jets stuff since they came back.
I am working all this week with only Friday off & that is because i booked it for G's family Christmas dinner. I am not off again until the 31st because i requested those days off too. I do a short change over from nights sat to evenings Sunday so that i do not have to work night shift before new years eve. I have a hair apt. I am doing something drastic this time. That last cut was only a stepping stone. Phase 1 i started the other day. I will show pics when done.
I have some huge news but that is a post itself (no not pregnant, don't think we are having kids, but that is what ppl usually think from newlyweds)
Sounds like you had a great Christmas celebration even though you had to work on the actual day. I don't blame you, I probably would be upset too if I had to work on Christmas. It's kind of depressing to do so.
ReplyDeleteOhh I'm excited to hear your big news!! (unless I know about it already.. then I say Yay! again lol)
You know, I tried to comment on your last post, but the comment button wasn't there?? I kept meaning to tell you and totally forgot.
I had a good Christmas for the most part. Ended up having to see my bro and BIL that afternoon but thankfully it wasn't too painful. She was actually quite pleasant (shocker! I know lol). I still can't stand my 1 niece (horrible.. I know..) but my other niece.. she's just awesome! I love her and love spending time with her.. she's so cool. :)
Hope you have a great time on NYE :)
Hey, girl. Merry Christmas to you! We had a nice one. The kids made out well between us, my parents, and his parents. The hubs got me a cute pair of fuzzy boots (i picked them out) a light for my kindle (i have the original so it doesn't have back-lighting) and a movie. We went light this year, the funds just weren't there.
ReplyDeleteI love how your Dad gets you Jets stuff. Hello? You're not a Jets fan. That would be like someone getting us Penguins stuff when we are Flyers fans. WTH?? Do you live in Winnipeg?
I'm hoping the good news is on the job front. You've seemed unhappy for a while.
If we don't hear from you, Happy New Year! mum
Ya it was depressing Jen lol.
ReplyDeleteYou know my news but you can say yay again lol.
Idk why you having such troule, that is weird.
I was wondering if you had to see them. Meh that's the way it goes sometimes. i dont like all the kids either lol. Thanks i gonna have a last i hope.
Hi mum!!! I am glad you had a good christmas. I don't have back lighting on my kobo either so i have to have a light shining on it at night when i read at bedtime.
No i dont live in winnipeg but we are not far from there. He knows i am a flames fan too sheesh lol.
I am hoping to have a post up monday to share my news but being new years eve that might be hard.
Happy new years :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Bonnie, Mum & Jen :-)
ReplyDeleteMerry christmas stacey (even though this is old) and hope you have a great new year!!!
ReplyDelete