Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sad :(

My grandma died this morning, not the one i keep mentioning in the blog, my mom's mother. I feel horrible because i haven't talked to her in so long, she was in the early stages of dementia so i stopped phoning her. I saw her back in july & she was not looking good. I have thought of her often but never got out to the farm, too busy :(.

My mom is coming home, she will be here monday night. this working full time sucks for this type of stuff, i have to take 1 day off, i can't afford more than that right before christmas unfortunately. I have 1 less day that check as it is. I managed to get 1 of my days switched but that means i wont get to see my mom off at the airport, then again that could be better because i will be emotional.

Before i go to work sunday night we are going to have a birthday/christmas dinner. It is my brother's birthday that day & my mom hasn't been home at this time of year since she left 10 years ago. I told her we might as well send her back on a happy note as it will be a pretty emotional week. No one says there can't be happy moments when someone passes away.

I am updating this early monday morning so if things seem a lil different that is why. They think the funeral will be friday, we will find out today what the final arrangements are. We are going to go to the city early to go to costco, we need to do some major shopping but they close @ 8:30 & my mom doesn't get in till 9:45 so not sure what we will do for an hour, the airport is close to costco so it wont take very long to get there. I was hoping it wouldn't close till at least 9.

Tuesday we will be going to see my grandpa. I was supposed to work but i took the day off. Thursday i have the CP holiday train (christmas train all decked out in lights with performers). This year it is a local band who has made it big on the canadian western side so i made plans before all this happened to go with my son & nieces so i will still be going, then i work thursday night. I will have to be up by 12:30 if the funeral is @ 2 & then i made plans to watch the parade with my nieces & son as well.

I cried like a baby for a bit on the way to work today but i will explain that more later.

3 comments: