Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ventings & Ramblings

I stole the line from a friends defunct blog lol. It seems to fit my mood. I have decided to blog more even if it is only to myself. I think i am going to blog about debatable subjects when i have nothing else to say.

I have always wanted to blog more, i just never do because i don't have much commenters. It is hard to write to yourself. I have never been one to keep writing in a diary. I need to do it though. People do not like when i post stuff on facebook because i am real. Most people just want to see puppys & rainbows and that is just not my style so i am bound and determined to write more.

To be honest i am a pretty happy go lucky person. I can tell you what i think in a hurry and look & sound serious but rarely am i mad (most think i am but i tell ya, they wouldn't want to be around if i was truly mad lol). I can b*tch and complain but still be happy. Does that make sense??? It is why it can seem like my mood changes fast sometimes. My mood doesn't change, just my tone. Very few people get that, not even my husband. He has a short fuse so he can play on it sometimes.

Anyways as i was saying, i need to blog more and stop posting on facebook. I hate that i have to lie or bs to not hurt someone else's feelings. I get my feelings hurt sometimes but rarely due to my own behaviour. Sometimes it is due to perception, other times it is due to someone flat out being wrong but think they are right.

I have a strong personality, i can be a know it all (not in a braggy way). If i think something is right i will google it to prove you wrong, not because i want to be an ass, but because i like facts, and if you (or i) am wrong i will point it out. With that being said i will admit when i am wrong. My husband hates that about me. I just honestly can't handle people thinking something that is not right. I read ALL the time, i study people ALL the time, so i just need things to be right lol.

At home my husband denies any wrongdoing ever. It is his biggest fault and one i have yet to accept. If a dish is dirty it must have been someone else cause no way would he leave one dirty. If the toilet has something on it that too must have been someone else. If there is a mess that was not him, he would not do it and so on and so on. I am sure you can get the point .It does my head in sometimes but off topic again (hence ramblings).

I have OCD tendencies (i have not been diagnosed nor will i ever be) and i say tendencies because i don't think mental health issues are something we should take lightly and i know a lot of people who are worse than i am but i have to have things a certain way or it throws me right off. People tend to blame mental illness too much and use it as a crutch, i do not. When i realised our trip to calgary had to be cancelled because of the flood wrecking all the places i wanted to go i burst out bawling. I had it planned for so long and right down to the science of what we were going to do each day (not times, just days) and that is when my husband suggested to go to the states. I would have been very very upset if i didn't have something else to plan and i threw myself right into planning that. We can go to the city here anytime so that wouldn't have been good enough after i had my heart set on CGY.

I always seem to be needing to plan something. We had the wedding plus our trip to orlando (which i planned hardcore too and the damn hurricane threw me off as it rained too much). I then had our 1st year anniversary trip to plan. I have also been working on goals but am still not employed yet so i have too much time on my hands. I have gotten lazy, our house should be spotless with me not working but i spend too much time online researching..............OUR NEXT TRIP!!!

Ha ha, next year we are going to LAS VEGAS. It is already booked through Airmiles for April 10-18th, 2014. I have never wanted to go to vegas, i am not a big gambler. I am also not skinny anymore, matter of fact i am gaining weight again for no reason, more on health later. Seeing as i do not look good in a bathing suit i am not one to like all the "eye candy". So i just didn't have a desire to go but when we bought the trailblazer it came with a trip to vegas.

Now it was 2 for 1 airfare which turned out to be garbage (was 1186 from canada as you have to pay taxes and fees and that is with an 850 discount and i found normal fares for 1207 all in) but i had already sent in the $30 US fee for booking a room (once you stay there they send it back, it is to ensure you go) so i did not want to lose my money. I already lost on this voucher as i had to pay 16.95 for them to send it to me. I had also planned to go to Grand Canyon for 1 day with a stop at Hoover Dam the day before. I have been researching this trip since i lost my job so i told my husband i couldn't handle it again if we cancelled our plans.

I then called my mom and asked if we could use their airmiles as i only had enough for 1 flight and i wanted them together. She told me i had to ask her bf myself because it was his account (which i knew but i hate talking to ppl when i need a favor so i wanted her to ask). She also said i could not email him. I am afraid of rejection so i texted him, explained it, asked him to talk to my mom and let me know, i said i could book a trip for my brother or my son with ours next year when they go so i really only needed half the points.

She phoned me back and told me that he said yes, and that instead of sending me money for my birthday |(in 2 weeks) that i was going to put towards my new laptop they would forgo that and i would not have to pay anything back other than the 1 trip. We only had 3500 points so i only had enough for 1 trip either way. I jumped on the offer!!!

I am going to finish up the details in the next post, this one is getting too long. I am still working on the rest of the MN one.




3 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't commented. It's been kind of a blah week. I feel like I'm just going through the motions. I knew I recognized that post title! I wish she'd start writing again...hint, hint!

    I've always wanted to do a Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam trip. Maybe someday. mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that sucks mum, i hope this coming week will be much better for you too.

    She probably won't start writing again. You probably don't read her risque blog (or maybe you do lol) but she is engaged and set to be married in march!!!! I wish she would at least tell the blog world that much.

    Ya i am excited, can't wait. While it would be cool to experience the weekend in vegas i just can't pass up going there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me??? She's engaged now? No, she hasn't updated since Day 2 of his visit to Florida. I keep up with both of her blogs and there's nothing. Well, I'm happy for her. mum

    ReplyDelete