I have quite a bit going on in the near future. We won our hockey series 4-0 so we are 12-0 to become the provincial champs. We already have a birth into the national championship but we are off to westerns anyways. Our record for the season is 72-3-4. It is pretty hard to top that. Only 1 more month of working my second job for me.
I am sick right now, like very sick. I am on another round of antibiotics (7 in the last year). My lymph nodes are swollen (about 7 of them). I have hard lymph nodes on the bones in the back of my head so if i move my head i get pain. I have a major migraine that starts about 3 pm every day. I think that is because this being sick is telling me i need a nap about that time. This all stems from my sinuses. I have a doctor appointment Wednesday so i will see what he has to say. I am also going to get my ultrasound results that day and determine the next course of action. I believe a full hysterectomy is in my future.
On a positive note I am going on a road trip with my son. I have a good friend who came out here for both my 30th birthday and our wedding so i need to go there for his wedding. It is 1300 kms away. I wasn't sure if i could afford it (due to reasons i have yet to explain) but i realized on Friday when i called my husband crying that this was something i would regret. It is not usual for me to make a big decision without consulting my husband first but he understands.
My husband is home for now, he will be home for a while. He has been home for a month. Unfortunately his company fell into much more difficulty than they were expecting and 500 people nationwide got laid off (on top of all the other shut downs that had happened). He WILL be called back when things stabilize so he has taken a seasonal job here and starts Monday. We were not expecting it. They laid 25% of people off at the same time so 12 others that day.
He probably could get the time off to come with us but he will have to talk to them to see if it will be very busy at the time. This job is agriculture based so he works when he works. Some weeks he may not have a day off. He has a good chunk saved up that we are hoping to not have to use to live on. We want to keep it for a down payment as we are still moving. It is just postponed. So far we have mostly just lived on my Salary.
It actually worked out good having him home because we realized it would take longer to do the renos. So far we have the bathroom upstairs done. Austin's room has one coat of paint and i am supposed to put the second coat on tomorrow. Hopefully i won't feel like i have been for the last week.
Anyways, back to the road trip. Today i went out to my grandma's to ask Austin to come with me. For the first time ever i didn't have to beg her. I guess with him being 16 now (and having a beginner driver license which makes me feel old) she has decided he can make some of his own choices. I found out that it is impossible for him to graduate next year. He kept assuring me he would when i would bring up his skipping school.
So my plan is to leave on a Friday afternoon (at the end of exam week)and drive about 9 hours to where G and I stayed when we went up to BC. We will then get up around 9 and i will get ready so that when I get to Edmonton i won't have to get ready for the wedding. It is another 4 hours drive from there. We should get to the hotel between 2-3. Knowing me i will wake up early anxious to get on the road and be ready by 9. I am not looking forward to driving in Edmonton. I don't have GPS so i am going to up my data package for the one month to cover that period and use Austin as a navigator. I had high anxiety driving there in October and i was just the passenger. It is much more complicated than the city i am used to which is on a grid.
I booked our hotel already. The wedding is on the Saturday at 4 so we will go to the wedding and go back to the hotel fairly early. They are having an outdoor wedding and a pig roast. Nice and casual. I won't know a soul. Not even the bride lol. We have been talking on FB for like a year now though so....
I imagine we will be back to the hotel by about 10ish so we should get a decent sleep. Either my other friend from Edmonton will drive me or they will arrange to have us picked up.
We are staying an extra day so that i can take Austin to West Edmonton Mall. He has never been to Edmonton so it will be cool for him. It is huge. I will probably take the bus. I have lived in Calgary before so navigating the bus will be easier for me than driving. Last time i went with my dad we didn't spend any time really looking around so i am looking forward to going there with my son. I also want to stay the extra day as it is a long drive. I am hoping to see the bride and groom again after the mall. I don't want to stop somewhere on the way home as i know i will just want to get home. We will leave Monday morning and get home after midnight (as i have a lot of stops plus we have to eat).
Short, but sweet. It is a busy wedding season for us though as that wedding is in June. 2 weeks later we have another wedding in Winnipeg and then 3 weeks later on a friday we have another wedding in the city. I told my husband he can skip that one if he is working though. It is a cousin so i will know lots of people there.
I hope everyone is doing well.
**I forgot one important piece of news** Ok, so i LOVE going to concerts. I don't waste a lot of money normally and i enjoy them immensely. Luke Bryan is in 2.5 weeks and that was going to be my only concert this year..............well now i have tickets to AC/DC!!! My husband doesn't know yet. His ticket will be part of his Christmas present. Last time they were here we were looking forward to going. We found out though a cousin was getting married the same day. Priorities and all of course we chose my cousin's wedding (though some chose the concert and some asked her to change the date). I told him if they ever came back we were going. Well it works out that they are coming back here middle of September just after my birthday. I am waiting until the right moment to surprise him which will probably not be until September. He is going to be quite excited. He loves AC/DC as do I. The stadium show (20k tickets) sold out in just a few minutes here. It took me 10 minutes to get them. My friends could not. I lucked out and am grateful. When we do move there will not be many concerts in our future :(
I bet Luke Bryan will be great! Not into AC/DC so much. We have a ton of good concerts in our area this year. We have tix to Nickelback, Train, Mix tape Fest, and I'm taking my mom to see Mickey Gilley & Johnny Lee who are doing their Urban Cowboy show - it's old country music, but mom and I loved the movie with John Travolta and I think we'll enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteYou never said what the old bestie wanted. mum
I like Nickelback, they were here recently too. Not sure why so many hate on them lol.
ReplyDeleteI am not into old country music but that sounds like something good for you and your mom to enjoy together.
My mom and i hit up our first concert together a couple years ago. it was the eagles. I didn't think i would like it as much as i did lol.