![]() |
| I love them together. |
Holy guys, getting divorced is not an easy thing. Separating 10 years of stuff is not an easy thing either, especially if you have a partner who wants ALL of the good expensive stuff.
I told him I would give him his quad, trailer, tools all FREE AND CLEAR but that he had to understand the value of those and be fair to me as well. All in that is almost 10k.
He wants the TV (which I gave him, i was gonna fight it then realized I would get a new one), the freezer, MY mixer that I use all the time (he doesn't), the patio set that my mom and her bf gave us, the big bbq that he won't even use because he won't turn it on for one person (we have a small one he can take). He is using the fact I want the patio set and the pot and pan set that were gifts from my mom as an excuse to take everything else. All he wants to leave me is the couch, because he doesn't have room for it. He even wanted the washer and dryer but I told him if he took that I would keep the freezer.
I am not even going to fight him on it. I am going to take the big bbq and the mixer because he really won't use those and the patio set and pot and pan set, one bed and walk away. Ultimately that is what I am left with along with a few small minor things.
The money from the house came in and it was a decent chunk. We were left with just over 13k each. Ya, he took 4k of it from me because he figured I needed to pay him back for house bills. We got into a huge fight last week because he wanted me to basically give it all to him. He tried everything to not give me anything at all. He ended up with 17k and I ended up with 9k. I guess that is better than nothing but it is really frustrating that he wants 80% of everything. I figured it would be like this though. He is stupid when it comes to money. He doesn't want me to "rip him off" but in turn "rips me off" and I told him that. He doesn't care. He feels all these years i have not contributed much so it is all his anyways. Asshole. I proved to him in writing (bank statements)that I paid more than him each month for about 8 years but all he is looking at is the last 15 months. He honestly doesn't give a damn that he took advantage of me, not one bit, all that matters is that I don't take advantage of him.
He is treating me the exact way his ex treated him. He was left with nothing so he is making sure this time he has it all. He HATED what she did to him so I am not sure how he thinks it is OK to do that to me. I don't deserve it, not one bit. If I lawyer'd up he would see in a hurry that I was being more than fair because he would lose a lot of things that he is "taking". I don't want to go that route though so I will just let him use me one more time and that is it. I am tired, I don't want to waste time fighting over lawyers. I don't want to waste the money either.
He even told me Saturday night on the way back from my work camp ( I took him out there to show him, and to have a bbq with the camp staff) that he knows how horribly he treats me and wishes he treated me better. I looked at him and said for whatever reason, you WANT to treat me like that and unfortunately it won't change. These issues are too huge to overcome. I can't continue to let myself be treated like that therefore I am changing it.
So.......the money came in Friday and I found out Sunday. I had to go get some stuff from Costco and the electronics section is as soon as you walk in of course. They had a 55 Inch LG LED tv for $700. In canada that is a good price. Our old TV was 50 inch and is 6 years old, we paid $900. I walked around the store and went back and bought it.
I then went to walmart for the stand I was wanting to buy and could not afford. I got one that was more than the one I looked at in Portage but was $100 off and I am happy with it. It is glass, and solid. I then went to look at surround sound systems as I bought the one we had for G our 2nd Christmas so it was his. I was not in the market for a system but I ended up buying one. I figured might as well do it all at once. I bought a smart blu ray surround sound. That means I get netflix without having to go through the wii. I can also get youtube videos. It's pretty cool anyways!
![]() |
| It looks so small. |
It is much bigger than this but I took the picture far away. The picture is so much clearer than my old TV too. I won't get to enjoy it much as I won't be back for 2 weeks but I figured I would buy it while I have the money.
To be honest, I am not sure how things are going to go. I don't want to spend my weekends with G but he is here with my dog and I love my dog. I want to see my dog. He is what keeps me going. I can't tell G to go away for the weekend either because he pays 1/2 the rent which is a nice break for me right now not having to pay the full amount because it is expensive. I just want some me time. I have quiet time in the evenings at work BUT i have nothing there. No TV, no PVR and no dog. I spend a wee bit of time on the computer and read then go to bed.
I think over the next month I will settle in more. I am already a bit more comfortable in what I am doing and I will be even better with a few more weeks under my belt. I just need to buckle down and focus. I hope you all are doing well :)


bless your heart, doll, through all of this. i know it can't be easy. but you will make it. i once met garth brooks in the col meds aisle once in the 90s. he didn't have his hat on so i barely recognized him. keeping you in my thoughts!!! so many hugs!!
ReplyDeleteWho is G?
ReplyDelete