Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Recovery

Good Morning!

I got my drains out yesterday. One side was real good and I didn't feel it. The other side and the one she wanted to keep in but I wouldn't let because I am an hour away and can't take more time off work hurt like a B****. It stung a lot after too. It hurt most days though and what had me so uncomfortable.

I have a 12 inch binder (google) on my stomach/gut area and with it over the bandages and the drains I have been quite uncomfortable. The nurse also took the bandages off so I am MUCH more comfortable today. I asked if she did have to do the muscle repair like we thought she would have to and ya she did, they were completely separated. She also said there was HUGE amounts of scar tissue in my upper abdomen. I knew there was a lot in my lower but I didn't know it was all over like that.

I have a lot of bruising, and swelling. I can already see a huge difference so i can't wait until I am healed. Pain wise I am pretty good. I am not taking pain killers anymore unless I really need one. I find I tire out easy though. The doctor was amazed I have been back at work since Saturday (though not full time until yesterday, i took it easy on the weekend). I am walking pretty good and most wouldn't know I am only 6 days post op.

I am having trouble with eating though. I can't eat normal and I want to badly. I have to cut my portions in 1/2 and my portions are already on the smaller side. I am so full after having a meal and so uncomfortable for HOURS after I eat and I only eat twice a day. Retraining the brain is not an easy thing.

I am doing good with the quitting smoking. I went 6 hours before having a smoke yesterday and I only had 3 for the day and 2 the day before.

I am counting the days until we are off again. I am off the next 3 weekends for some reason or another. This weekend is our scheduled weekend off. I have company coming for the night friday and won't get to sleep in on Saturday as I am getting my toes painted. They are badly in need of a pedicure. My next one won't be until we go to Mexico. I am hoping to sleep in Sunday but i have company coming in the early afternoon then I am going to the city. Busy bee I am.

I was without my car until yesterday as I was not allowed to drive and OMG that was such torture. It was sooooo hard being "stuck" especially since we are in the middle of no where. It is 35 mins to the outskirts of the city from here.

That is it for now, carry on! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment