Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Respect

This was an old one that appeared in drafts, not sure when it was from exactly.

I am going to do my best to have an old post done today, not for any reason other than it let's me really share what is going on in my life now. I have not shared this blog with anyone in real life other than my fiance. I don't believe in keeping secrets form him and most things i put in here he will have heard before. The only other person i would share it with is my female best friend, for reasons being that there are some things i do not want others knowing, sharing with relative strangers is easy, much easier than the neighbor next door or down the street, they judge according to what you have to say, trust me hearing from them is way more hurtful than reading what you typed to a stranger, yes people get close in blogs and some meet, some get really close but it is not the same thing as your friends & family that are around you all the time knowing all your business.

This post is not what i was going to write about today but i am upset, i am trying not to write with my heart, but my head. I am not the type of person to sugar coat, i say what i mean & mean what i say. Otherwise why say it? I told my fiance when he started reading that these are my feelings, he doesn't have to like my posts, but he has to respect that i feel this way, no one can change how i feel, and if something upsets him than stop reading, i try not to say hurtful things online geared towards us or our relationship but for as long as i remember i have been a writer when i can't talk to someone. A person has to have an outlet when they aren't being heard, and sometimes even when they are, a person needs to feel their feelings are justified when someone minimizes them or turns around and makes it about them so that the person that was hurt coddles them instead of getting their own feelings mended. Sometimes strangers have to be the ones to do that when no one else will.

I read a post today about forgiveness, it had to do with something the author read about people finding out major things after someone died, like that their spouse had an affair, that their mom actually adopted them, things that were MAJOR. The biggest lesson learnt from it was that when the person is not there to work through the issue it is extremely hard to forgive. BAM that hit me hard, I told my step-mom that this past summer when she told me i should forgive my father, i told her i can't because he won't talk to me about anything important, would rather shrug it off and sweep it under the rug because that is easier.

I hope this posts makes sense because i haven't thought it out, i would appreciate feedback, i want to know if others feel the way i do. That is part of why i post online, plus my blog is un searchable, mainly private, i have sent out the link to a few people in blogsphere but not many, if i get a good following once my major players come back then i will make it pw protected. I don't need the attention of many, this isn't about how many followers i can get. I would rather have quality over quantity, though if this were fiction then it would be both lol. I am searching for something i am missing, and that is the feeling of being truely heard & listened too. Of feeling like i really matter.

I love my fiance to death, he is the person i count on for everything, anything that happens in my life whether it be small or major he is the first person i think of and i can't wait to tell him, he supports me in many ways, but........ he is not very communicative, he shuts down and ignores me when he has upset me rather than actually deal with the problem. I have told him many times and i mean MANY  times rather than ignore my messages (or me if it is in person) say a Lil something, like ok, let me think, busy, hang on, etc etc etc, those little words show respect and care, then come back and actually deal with the problem. There is NOTHING i take worse than being ignored, or have a situation made about someone else when really it should be about me. I take responsibility for my actions and i expect others to do the same, i haven't come across another person yet that does that.

For me you have to have respect above trust, weird i know but seriously, without respect how can you trust, how can you love, how can you do anything? Now before this all gets taken the wrong way and blown out of pre-portion i am not saying you can't love someone or don't love someone, but you can't give them your whole self with everything you have. It is an impossible equation, it just doesn't happen. My fiance loves me alot, i know that, i see it in his eyes when he looks at me, or touches my face and says i am beautiful or pretty, and i don't know if it is my depression ( i get the winter blahs come January, they go away in march) but when i feel ignored, i feel like no one cares about my feelings, i feel like no one cares about me (by that i don't mean just my fiance, i mean no one).

I am not on a pity party, not at all but when i get trampled over and over for cop out reasons that's bullshit. I have this uncanny sense to read people, my son said to me the other day mom you always think your right, no not necessarily but i won't open my mouth if i think i am wrong, I have been through more situations than you could ever imagine, with those situations come experience, experience gives you knowledge, knowledge gives you power, which in turn gives you the good ability to read people and situations so that you can almost always smell bullshit, or know when someone is only telling you a half truth-half lie, i also have the ability to tell people things they don't want to admit or know, it pisses them off, so therefore who gets the brunt? I am a firm believer in you can do

I mentioned before that i told him a couple weeks ago i told him that for once i just wish someone thought of me and he told me i have too big a heart. Well it is true, i do, i treat people like gold, seriously, even when they hurt me, that is why i give some up easy & why i am not willing to give others up. I get walked over & stomped on all the time, so does my fiance but not by me! I treat people the way i want to be treated but yet i still get stomped on, I don't tell you how i feel to have you ignore me, i don't care who you are, if i wanted you to ignore me i wouldn't bother with you in the first place would i? If i wanted you to turn it around and make it about you i would have made it about you to begin with.

6 comments:

  1. Oookay.. let me just say that I hear you LOUD AND CLEAR!! My 2 (sort of) best friends are those ppl that you just described. I am CONSTANTLY there for them. I'm the 1st person they call about everything! Good.. bad.. whatever. But when I need someone to talk to, they either turn it around to be all about them and their problems or they say they 'can't talk right now..' and will have to call me back later. But later never comes and when I finally DO hear from them, they act like I never called them to begin with and they just ramble on about their own shit. I'm like WTF?!?!? HELLLOOO douchebags!! I have feelins too! I have BS in my life too!! I want to vent about my life just like you do!! Why don't I get the same courtesy I give you?

    I feel like any relationship should be 50/50.. but with these 2 ppl, who they consider me their best friends, I don't feel like I'm getting back what I put into the friendship. Instead of it being a give and take relationship.. I feel I give, give, give and all they do is take. Never giving back. It's like they both feel the world revolves around their life and their issues. O.K... maybe not the whole world.. but apparently they think MY world does. And it really just.. well.. burns my ass!! And the fucked up thing is.. these 2 ppl don't even know eachother!! 1 lives near me, but the other lives states away. They've never met, never chatted,.. nothing. So.. I ask myself.. how did I end up being friends with 2 ppl, living thousands of miles apart, but they are just the same? Do I attract the same type of person? Is it me? Is it truely not their fault but my own? No. It's not my problem or issue.. it's theirs. Just like with you. It's not you, it's them. There's just too many selfish ppl out there.

    So.. your options are (and I gave them to myself as well), either speeak to these ppl about how you feel. Don't let them change the topic back to them. When they do, stop talking all together and when they finally ask are you still there? (if you're on the phone or IM) or if you're in person, just blankly stare at them and when they ask what's wrong, say "Oh. Well.. I was going to let you finish b/c apparently you think what you have to say is more important than what I HAVE to say. Apparently you think your feelings are more important than mine, so I was just going to let you ramble on..." (yes.. I did that once and she shut up fast!! lol)

    OR.. just completely stop all communication with that person for awhile and once you do start talking again, address your issues and feelings then. If they start to turn it around.. do option 1 lol. Then tell them you just feel the friendship isn't healthy for you. That you need someone that will actually BE a friend to you and you don't feel that it's them. (I've had to do that 1 too.. lost a 'friend' in the end b/c they still didn't think they were doing anything wrong and that I was just being a bitch about it. But really.. if thats how they felt, then they weren't really my friend anyway)
    Anyhow.. good luck!! :) Sorry this comment was sooooo long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn, i just re-read this post, it is still true, i am almost cutting out all my family, i haven't talked to anyone but my brother since the incident with my aunt, even my dad won't answer my calls these days, i haven't done anything wrong & it had nothing to do with anyone. Funny we were good enough when they were away when i was gone & g picked up his check & deposited it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming from someone who is feeling VERY walked all over at the moment - I know how you feel. It sucks when you feel like you're constantly putting yourself out there for other people and they have no appreciation for it whatsoever.

    P.S. Don't forget to check out my Sponsor Spotlight today and enter to win my HUGE birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's worse is they usually lay all the blame on you. You have a big heart too, i can tell from your blog. I did krysten thanks, got ya on fb so check i always see a post before coming here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was an article from Psychology Today ... if I remember correctly lol

    Forgiveness and respect are two huge things to consider in a relationship.

    It can be hard to forgive but it is even worse to go through life holding a grudge.

    I believe that you should never have to earn someones respect.... they should respect you until you do something to lose their respect... easier said than done I suppose.

    Hang in there love. Chin up and keep smiling!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you, it is worse to hold a grudge but you can only do so much as well, if the other person does not do their part it makes it hard to forgive, unfortunately in this situation i can't do that, not when i am being constantly hurt with my son. You try to use my child as bait you will not have anything from me.

    lol, hope all is well jillian

    ReplyDelete