We finished the fence for the most part (responded in comments Jen). It looks awesome & changes the look of the whole yard, i love it. Problem is, we tilled the yard because there was no way it could be levelled once the fence was in there, but we have no time/money to get the sand & put patio blocks in right now. Our housewarming is in a week (bbq) with no backyard for the most part. We had a month to get these projects done & they are not done, i am not too happy about that, we are unable to have a fire until we have the patio blocks down because the fire department is very strict about that. I do not want the fine for having a fire without a permit, it is not worth it.
Not having a job sucks :( i have never been so long without one before or had such trouble. I am getting some money coming in from ei but it is just not enough. I need more money, i pay the bills with only a little bit left over, granted i could spend it better (fast food lately, like seriously who wants to cook while putting up a fence in the heat) but i still need more, so that i can start buying wedding things again, geno is into working on the house vs buying things for the wedding (which is why i did not want to even look for a house until after the wedding)
I bought the cutest candy dishes for the tables at the social. I will need more but first i have to find out how many tables the hall holds, the hall holds 500 people but of course you do not set up tables for that many. I am hoping to get out there to look at it next week, i have only ever been to weddings there, so i have no clue about the rectangle tables.
On another social note, the caretaker resigned so i am having to deal with someone else, i was never told until i phoned her (granted it had only been a week, but still) & the committee no longer wants to deal with looking after canisters since they do not have another caretaker right now (cheaper for pop, canisters were $32 a shot even if you only used 1/4) but all this time i could have been buying up drinks when on sale, i do not want to pay more than $1 a 2 litre so now i am going to scramble for it. I am buying some as 1L because that is what sobey's always has on sale. The biggest headache besides silent auction is figuring out how much of everything to get. I am going to be spending a lot of time shopping soon!!! October will be a busy month, whatever i do not get on sale i will have to get at costco, i am sure they are cheapest, i will price shop first though to make sure.
On top of that the security company decides it no longer wants to do security out there, she told him they have them booked for a social in October & he said i don't think so. I triple booked them. I booked them, then they booked them, then i double checked. I have all their info, how would i know it all if i hadn't checked? I don't want to phone him cause i am going to get mad but i will if i have too.
294 days till the wedding, i remember getting excited when there were over 500 days left to go, it is crazy how time flys, i think it will drag until spring then go really fast.
That is my randomness, i have to work on my spare room again tomorrow, getting it ready to show people, it is the messy room right now.
Not having a job TOTALLY sucks. I went through that for 6 months last year and it was pretty horrible.
ReplyDeleteMaybe post pone the housewarming by a week or two? Is that possible? You'll enjoy it so much more being able to go out back and enjoy the fire, beer keg, whatever... Ya think?
ReplyDeleteOnly commenting anonymously b/c I'm a loser with technology and that open/ID, Name/URL stuff confuses me.
Anyway, good luck.
I remember that krysten & how it made you feel. I am really limited in the fact i can't stand/bend/lift so that makes it even harder ugh lol.
ReplyDeleteI wish i could postpone the housewarming but it has already been postponed a month because of my mom being sick, i can't postpone it any longer (our social is in october, would not work) but we are starting with the sand tomorrow & some blocks, i would love a fire but we have to get it inspected anyways, will have to see how far he gets laying the blocks.
Thank you :)