Thursday, November 26, 2015

A bit to update

So first, to answer this question if my husband is with me. It costs a LOT in parking. Minimum 15$ a day. With gas it costs about 40$ a shot. With him not working that's a lot of money. So he comes in a couple times a week. I'm ok with that. I've been so sick i was sleeping a lot. He was here for 4 hours the other day. I spent 1.5 hrs on the commode and 2.5 hrs sleeping. 40$ for that is too much. I bet I didn't say more than 10 sentences cause I was also heaving while on commode. We also have the dog at home. I'm 1.5 hrs from home right now.

I have asked for a transfer to my home hospital but it won't be for a few days. I'll explain why below.

So I mentioned I was sick, very sick. I entered for a ct scan last night. They found pus and an infection around the resection site. I have diarhea so that means the resection is working and there appears to be no leaks.

This infection needs to be under control before i can be transferred because i don't have the surgery team at home and I'm not out of the woods yet.

My picc line is also too far in my heart so i just went for xray and they will have to send the iv team to pull it back some more.

I'm a bit disappointed I will be in for the weekend for a strange reason. The fact I'm in day 19 this time isn't even it. It's the fact I'm missing so much.

I've missed a funeral for a 3.5 yr old little boy, my son's birthday, my husband christmas party for the place he worked all summer.  Now i will be missing the Christmas dinner for COPP, the grey cup, and the spend your points event at shoppers. That seems a strange one but I busted my ass to collect points so i would have enough for this event to use for Christmas. It's an extra $30 free at my reward level.  That can go far. Ah well, i guess I'll just have to wait for a good flyer sale and just get 170 free instead of 200. With me being off for so long I was counting on that.

Anyways. There is the update.
I'm 50% better than yesterday but still not eating. They cut me back to fluids again so I'm hoping to start eating tomorrow. I got the first antibiotic in my picc line tlrigt now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some good things with the bad... I'm glad your husband gets to visit!! Hope each day is an improvement. You seem like a strong person so that has to help with the healing! I will pray for you to have continued healing and strength. There will be lots of sales and Christmas get togethers when you feel better!

    ReplyDelete