I've been in the hospital now for 8 days. I came in last Saturday. I ate my last meal saturday night. I've had an NG tube in since Sunday am.
They didn't complete my last surgery because my bowel was adhered to my uterus. I have a kink in my bowel (from ct scan thursday) which shows where it is obstructed.
The one doc has been very leery on doing another surgery because i could end up with a colostomy bag. My insides are also inflamed from having surgery 12 days ago.
All the other doctors (8 of them) were thinking surgery is the only option at this point. He had to go home and sleep on it.
I'm not getting better. In fact I have been sick for 3 days. I told him I felt like that was the route we needed to take. He agreed that 8 days is a long time with no change.
So now, at some point today I am having surgery on my small bowel. Pray that it is textbook and that it stops pouring for me. I'm not having a pity party, but i tell you there is Always some sort of complication with me ALWAYS and this is a big one. Even my family and friends are like damn, nothing can be just simple for you.
Crossing all fingers that I'm not left with a bag. A bag is better than all the pain, but then I'm going to have depression with that. Surprisingly i haven't been emotional At all in here and have only cried due to pain.
I will try to update when I can. Will be in hospital 4-5 more days if all goes well.
Today is my son's 17th birthday. Our family friends are also burying 3.5 year old little Alex today. I told my husband to go to the funeral as he has known that family his entire life and that's where he needs to be. They will call him to let him know how things went after the surgery. My sister is going to come this evening so I will gave someone here. I'll be out of it anyways.
Praying for you
ReplyDeletePraying for you
ReplyDeletePraying for you
ReplyDeleteHow are you?
ReplyDelete