I will respond to comments when i get home. I just wanted to update everyone.
For the first time since the 7th I see a light at the end of the tunnel.
My surgery was long, 8 hours. It was worse than they thought. Not only was my bowel adhered to my uterus it was also adhered to my bladder. It was just a mess. They managed to separate it from everything but don't think I should do a hysterectomy to not cause further damage, so I won't.
So they took a bunch of adhesions, they took off a meter of my small bowel (about 1/3), took out part of my Colon and managed to put me back together. No colostomy bag!!!
I woke up in recovery room with a tremendous amount of pain in my back. I was strapped down to one of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever been on. I was intubated still which had something to do with why i was tied down. They also had me sitting straight up which of course put pressure on my site. I so wasn't a happy camper when they woke me up. I wasn't even allowed a single piece of ice for my dry throat.
I woke up with a ton of tubes and wires, as well as a heartbeat that is way too fast. It was 150 and wouldn't slow even with medicine. With my Heart beating that fast they wouldn't let me out of recovery till like 2pm and i am now in a step down ward.
I still have too fast heartbeat that goes from 115 sleeping till 145. Normal is 70-90 for me. I had the tube from my stomach but i guess i decided I didn't want it anymore. I pulled it out late afternoon yesterday while i was sleeping. I didn't even notice. My nurse woke me up and was like Bonnie! What did you do to your nose? I was like what are you talking about? I felt my oxygen and it was there. She comes over grabs a tube off the floor and was like look what you did. OOPS. In my sleep i pulled the gastronomy tube out (the one in my nose in the picture). I was tired of it after 9 days but I didn't do it on purpose and was so scared they would put it back.
**i started this 2 days ago so some things are different now. I will stop there and write again from there soon**
Gosh.. You poor thing! I'm glad to hear they are getting you put back together. I hope your recovery is quick!
ReplyDeleteHow are you? Hope everything is ok?
ReplyDelete