This has been one busy week. My poor dog has been sick still. Took him to the vet, got him medicine. $85 & a day later they test his stool sample that i was able to provide & find out he has cocsydia. It is parasites in the intestines. It is very common in puppy's as they have no immune system virtually until they are 6 months old. The medicine seems to be expensive but i have no choice but to purchase it. It is carried in feces as well, he had the runs on the floor so i have to bleach my house & wash everything once he is getting better. I can NOT wash my couch with anything but water. It is also a resistant bug, you have to bleach THEN also use a steamer to get it hot enough. Thankfully i have a steamer, it will strip the bleach off the floor which is good because i don't use chemicals on my floor.
The weird thing is, he is still gaining weight (which obviously is good). We are giving him Gatorade for the electrolytes to keep him hydrated. He is gaining about 4 pounds a week. He is now almost 37 pounds. He is pretty tall too.
Thank god we both have Saturday off, whether we like it or not this house is getting cleaned from top to bottom. It needs it anyways though. With my schedule it has gotten pretty dirty, dirtier than normal.
We got our passports processing :). They should be here in 2 weeks. As of this coming Saturday we will be at 10 weeks, where has the time gone? I am starting to panic about everything & i have nightmares (i have majorly vivid ones when super stressed).
I am picking up any shift i can at work right now, even on my weekends off, just to have money. Our hydro bill has been bigger for 3 months now so i am hoping it calms down soon so that i can pay more off. I don't know what will happen if i can't get what i need paid off. I think most people start stressing about this time.
I had a whole different post the other day but forgot it all. I will update the other blog soon too.
Awww poor Bear :( Hope he feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteWhen we first got our puppies, they had worms. Ari more than Diego b/c the breeder didn't bother to treat his dogs. ANY of them. The 1st vet visit, the Dr. said Ari was so infested with them that had we not got him in when we did he prob would have been dead in a wk or 2.. thats how bad it was. The meds are SO expensive for dogs! I dont understand why tho.
O.K... call me stupid but what is a hydro bill? lol
At this point in your wedding prep's, I think this is when ppl start becoming bridezillas b/c everything is coming to a close and they begin stressing big time. It's normal and I'm sure everything will work out just fine. :)
These meds are only about 20, but the ones tuesday were 40 + 43 for the vet.
ReplyDeleteYou would think getting them from breeders you would be better off.
hydro is power, you guys probably call it power down there.
Ya, this is when everything kicks in, but i still have doubts about being able to get it all paid before hand. if it was after, wouldn't be a problem. Our disney trip is due 5 days after the wedding!
Sorry to hear about your pup....hope he gets better soon! I have a kitty....much easier + I don't have a fenced back yard :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Dido, i hope he gets better soon too. I don't have a fully fenced back yard but when we are outside he doesn't have to be on the leash.
ReplyDeleteWe do own our own home though so he stays in the porch when we are not home, he doesn't bark (so far) so no neighbors to bug either.
I can't have cats, i love them but i have a sensitivity to their urine, it is very strong & affects my senses, even when litter is changed every day.
Hope Bear gets better very soon.
ReplyDeleteDo you mean pay off wedding related stuff in time for the wedding, or household related stuff? I swear, I used wedding gift money to pay off bills when we got home from the honeymoon! No worries.
I mean in time for the wedding. Sorry for the confusion.
ReplyDeleteI won't know about bear for at least another week. He got long prescription this time. hope it works. We disinfected the whole house, all his toys as well as gave him a bath. Hoping it works lol.
UGH! You know how I told you Diego ate 1 of my moms needles a while back? Yea.. this fucking stupid ass dog ate glass today. He was rolling around with Ari, hit an end table that had a glass candle holder and it shattered. He ran over and grabbed a piece. We tried and tried to pry his mouth open to get it but I swear he has jaws of steel b/c we just couldn't get them open and he swallowed it.
ReplyDeleteHe isn't throwing up, his stool isn't bloody so we're gonna wait and see how it goes the rest of tonight and hopefully since it wasn't a big piece and we gave him bread right after it will pass just fine like that needle did.
I swear to GOD this dog drives me NUTS some times....
How's bear doing?
As much as we are twins jen i swear our dogs are too. He got upstairs today & the one day my door wasn't closed tightly (i didn't know) he got into my room & into my melatonin sitting on my night table. It was a brand new bottle with 100 pills in it. Ya, only 38 left now.
ReplyDeleteI phoned the vet & she said give him peroxide to make him throw up but that didn't work :(. I have been monitoring him ever since (8 hours) & he seems to be ok so let's just hope. It is a natural supplement though & not a chemical sleeping pill so i hope that makes a big difference. Either way that is still 62 pills!! He ate the cap, that is how he got in, ffs.
Btw bear would do the same stupid thing, he gets things in his mouth before you can even bend over, then he locks his jaw & will not open for anything. We have to push the sides between his teeth at the back, doesn't always work.
lmao I think you are absolutely correct! We are twins.. with twin pups.
ReplyDeleteSome days don't you want to just strangle the shit out of him? I know I do with Diego lol
Hope everything turns out o.k. with Bear :)
The worst of it is he then looks at you with these adorable puppy eyes as if to say "what? what did i do?" lol.
ReplyDeleteHe made it through the night ok so i am sure he is fine now.