Oh man i look like i am talking to myself in the comment box on long post. I should check more carefully, i was responding to comments that were posted on a different post. I promise i am not crazy! (though if you are that is ok, all ppl are good :))
69 views today & that does not include me responding. I am on a high today though. Full of life.
So here is the story, before i tell it this is my sleep schedule so how i am not falling over idk. I worked nights sat & sunday, got about 6 hours only each day. That is extremely hard when working nights. I can get 6 hours sleep at night & still be functional during the day, come home & sleep for an hour. Doesn't work on nights the same. so monday i got 6 hours after being up about 20 hours. That night i was beat beyond belief.
Bear had peed on the couch & threw up for some reason on sunday, he must have been sick for a little while. Anyways we washed the covers but in order to teach him a bit of a lesson & keep the hair off the clean couch G asked that we teach him to be on the floor. I then brought his bed over so he has something comfortable (he has not slept in it since being allowed in the whole house).
We don't know exactly if this was the cause or combination or what. Now my dog thinks he is a human, he steals your chair the minute you get up when you outside.He loves to dance. He loves freezies, he likes the couch. He gets jealous when we hug & jumps up & hugs us both. He has to lay between us when we watch tv, that is when he is most comfortable. He is a very very happy dog. Rarely barks etc. So G gently grabbed his collar to get him off the couch, he is stubborn & sometimes won't listen, just give you a cockeyed look.
He did not want to get down so he did not put his paws out, so he landed on his chest kinda, but it is not far to the floor & he did not pull him hard. Well a good song came on the awards show so i was dancing, now bear likes to dance, G taught him right from when we got him, so he jumped up & put his paws up & started dancing with me. I grabbed his paws & was doing moves with him. 2 hours later was when we went to bed & he started limping.
He is a very smart dog, very smart, you would be amazed at the things he does & understands. So he cuddles with you sometimes but only ever puts his head on you when you laying down. He will spoon but he only puts his paw on his stuffed dog. He figured out that he couldn't be on the couch & jumped up on me, put his head on me & his whole body on me lol. It was so bloody funny. that could have contibuted as well.
Went to bed @ midnight but got into bed with a good book that i just HAD to finish lol, so i read about 100 pages, finished it & literally could not even hold my eyelids up.I did not fall asleep right away, was about 1:45 am. We decided to test bear & see if he would just sleep on the floor or try to get in the bed (no dogs in bed! Pet dander ewwwwwwwwww). He never tried to get in the bed but he kept getting up & moving. G noticed a bit of a limp before bed. I fell asleep about 2:30 because i am such a light sleeper that even though my eyes were closed him moving kept disturbing me. So light of a sleeper that with a closed door i can hear you putting the key in the lock downstairs.
About 4am he started crying. I woke up, 4:30 i couldn't take it & got outta bed to go comfort him. He seemed to be limping more & a bit in pain & cried off & on for about 3 hours (not whimper, actually cried). I figured i would take him to the vet when they opened. I got G up @ 7 cause i was so beat i needed help comforting him.
I wanted to have a nap but we had to go to the city that day for w/r things & we haven't had much time together so no time to go. G told me to hold off on the vet jic was something really minor & we would monitor him. So we put the harness on him (he gets seatbelted like a human, my dog is NOT going to go through the window if i got hit) & away we went. He is so spoiled that unless we go to work & tell him we are going to work he doesn't let us go anywhere without him without a major fight/hassle. He is very very attached to us & wants to always be with us. We seriously can not even hug each other without him jumping up to get in the middle, he has to lay between us on the couch too. He is happiest then.
He slept most of the time, seemed to hurt a bit but otherwise not that bad, so we thought he was fine. We got all our stuff done (accomplished alot) & 8 hours later we were home, then it was supper time & i tried to relax but was so overtired i could not go to sleep early, even with next to nothing for sleep. i also worked yesterday so did not wanna go to bed at 10 + up at 6. I tried to lay down for a nap but my phone rang & i talked for a couple hours, so there went the time. About 3:30 i could finally go to bed. At that point was up for 24 hours on 1.5 hours sleep & up 17-18 hours before that.
I slept good i think, i don't remember because i actually passed right out. My stupid phone rang after 6 hours sleep (i will never turn it off because of emergencies). Worst part is it was just a cold sales call from a newspaper office, they are exempt from the do not call list. That was the 4th time they called, i did not answer the other 3 times (not home) & last time they called for same reason i said same thing. Do not want calls. So needless to say i was irritated because they woke me & once i am woken i can not get back to sleep for the life of me. My brain starts going & doesn't stop so i figured i would get up to let bear out & have a nap before work.
I should know by now thinking i will get a nap rarely works. Bear proceeded to cry all day. I did not take him to the vet just because i wanted to monitor a bit & not panic. I went to work on that no sleep & worried all night. G bought a bottle of asprin to give him one (i researched online THEN he asked the pharmacist just to make sure). They can only have asprin, tylenol will kill them & advil isn't good for them. We gave him that to try & help till we could get to the vet this morning.
G did not sleep, bear kept pacing. Finally about 4 am the pill kicked in hardcore & he slept way harder than normal (he is a light sleeper too). At that point G was awake though (since 2 am & he won't get home till 9 or so after driving truck since 7am). He was still crying at times though. I have a friend who works at the vet & she was going to turn the xray machine on when she got in & get me in as soon as it warmed up.
I took him to the vet & left him in good hands. They told me to go home & get some sleep because they needed the xrays as well as to monitor him. I got a whole 3 hours sleep. I crashed again & never heard a peep but you bet when my phone rang i jumped up wondering about my baby. THANKFULLY nothing broken, sometimes broken bones can be serious & dogs have to be put down. We were worried, it was his neck which we figured out but is probably a pulled muscle.
They had to sedate him because he was in too much pain they did not want to hurt him more. I paid the vet bill, was only 157 which i thought was cheap for xrays & all that. I had to wait on the vet because she wanted to show me the xrays, explain things & his medicine. Come to find out she forgot to add the sedation & because i already paid just said don't worry about it. How nice!!!
I think the sedation helped, they have to move around the area to feel the bones which may have massaged him a bit (no pain with sedation but we couldn't do it, he screamed) because when we came home i gave him his breakfast (he couldn't eat since yesterday, yesterday he did not want to eat till we held the bowl up to him which was when we found out was his neck/shoulder) & his medicine. He is not acting much better. He did not go to sleep, he hasn't cried once but is laying down now. he is playing a bit with his toys but still taking it easy. Idk if the medicine kicks in right away but i think it is a combination of both. Either way he is going to be ok. Honestly it was very scary & heartbreaking. Can you imagine your kid screaming every time he changed positions for 2 days & all you could do was monitor him? Like full out screaming.
I am going to try & get a couple hours sleep now & not just on the couch. I put supper in the crockpot & will get up @ 9 to add the sauce. Tomorrow if i get the chance it will be my get to know me post, but...... we have a meeting @ 7pm & i have an apt @ 3pm so i may not get home till midnight & saturday we are going out of town to my cousins to have some drinks, chat, fun etc & just relax. It is our last free weekend before the wedding & we want to have fun. We sooooo need it. Not like we have been overly stressed but it is not often that i am not the host. If i don't get to it tomorrow i will do my best sunday/monday. I hope you guys have a great weekend :)
OMG!! I would have been in a panic!!!! if that had happened to 1 of my pups! I can't stand when they're in pain :(
ReplyDeleteGlad he's doing better. Any idea how he injured himself?
I can't believe i wrote that novel & did not say what happened. I will add it.
ReplyDeleteWith all he has been through already we look like bad parents but in reality we were told we were very caring awesome parents. That puppy & austin are our lives (well us too lol). G is already saying how much he will miss him while we on our honeymoon.