I was very niave and looking for something, so of course i got taken very easy. I ended up pregnant with my son, 18, far from home, no money, no job, no nothing, sometimes we didn't even have much for food and i would get very hungry, but we had a roof. Jeff finally had enough and called his dad, who sent us bus tickets to come back to manitoba.
What hell that turned out to be, i only got 1 meal a day, that was supper, so really i went hungry there too, i also had to work outside in a big garden pulling weeds for hours to earn my keep because they moved into a new place where the garden was run down. Jeff had a job but it wasn't good enough for them. So i called my gram and she came to pick me up.
When i was 16 i started getting sick all the time, when i went to live with my gram she kept having to take me to the city for tests, never finding much. Jeff decided he was going to follow me a couple months later, did not want to accept that i left him, pregnant with our baby. I was about 5 months along then.
Things with jeff were hard, i believe he was doing drugs, money disappeared very fast, and he could never ever explain it. I had had enough and went back to live with my gram just after my son Austin was born. I was 19, young, stupid, influenced easily.
I will not go into the reasons, they are not very pretty, but i got into some trouble, some major trouble, and i was having trouble with Jeff not leaving me alone, outside my place at all hours, looking in the windows etc. My cousin caught him in a tshirt & long johns with no jacket when it was FREEZING out. I stayed up one night freaked out a little over catching him outside again and fell asleep exhausted in the morning. I never heard austin crying and someone called cfs on me. Because of the shit i was going thru with his dad they thought i had too much on my plate, so i gave my gram guardianship.
I was very active in his life and could take care of him just fine, but myself i wasn't eating well or sleeping due to this other crap, so i was mentally and physically drained, i wasn't doing drugs or anything, but i needed to get away, so i went up to my dad's, phoning my gram every night, i started eating and what not without the threat of jeff around but i was still worried about other things that could follow me so i still looked over my shoulder. I started feeling comfortable finally and came back down here.
I spent alot of time with my son and it bothered jeff that he couldn't so he decided to take off, abandoning him, Austin hasn't seen him since, he went to jail for 3 years for armed robbery shortly after he left. I honestly feel this story is too much for this blog but it pertains alot to some rants i have been wanting to have now. I am going to skip ahead many years in the next post and let ya know what happened with my sister, cause then i can talk about more things now too lol.
what a stpry. I cannot imagine that kind of hardhsip. I had a very comfortabel upbringing and although I am by no means "rich" I have alwasy been financially comfortable.
ReplyDeleteI praise you for your dedication and hard work, and I am sincerely sorry for all that you have had to endure.
<3
Honestly i had a horrible childhood and early adult years but........ without those hardships i wouldn't be where i am today.
ReplyDeleteI am a very strong person because of it and i know exactly what i do and don't want out of life because of it as well.
I skipped alot out, some is just too painful and has no bearing on my life now, it is actually alot worse than i described lol.
I am good though :) I hope you have read the rest of my blog, i am almost done catching up on yours :)