Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My bad

I haven't posted for a few days but it has been super busy here. Friday i wanted to relax but we ended up having company. Saturday was the wedding show and it was overwhelming and i ended up leaving way early, will go again next year with my girls but on the Sunday, saturday is just too busy. Sunday we went to his parents and met with the priest. We are not having a church wedding anymore, he is not comfortable with the retreats we would have to do, if it was just us doing the classes he would be fine but with other people he is not ok with that. I want a church wedding and i was willing to do it for him but......... i am not going to put him that far out of his comfort zone.

Our wedding co-ordinator is a marriage commissioner so she can marry us at the hall where the reception is. Oh well, won't be exactly how i envisioned it, stumbling blocks are all a part of marriage. I love planning this far in advance, i have been able to get things so cheap but....... it makes me want to get married now lol. Yesterday his brother was over and tonight we are just going to relax!!! I need just us time, we have had company for the last 4 days. Before that he worked till 8-9 every night for a week so i am jonesing hard. I didn't want company on friday but meh he doesn't get to see his brother too often so sometimes i have to take a back burner but let me tell you, after 2 weeks of NO time together just us i am so ready.

Saturday i get to go to the salon and get my permanent nail polish, that will be cool, i have only got something other than a haircut done at the salon once in my life so i am deserving of it. I got a wicked deal for a pampering too while at the wedding show. 60$ total for 4 visits, the first for a cut and scalp massage, a facial the next, a pedicure the next and highlights for the last visit. I can't wait, starting that in sept so i can have it done before the social. I also booked our tux people and also our chair covers and the sashes for them. There are very few things not booked now, i just have to make the bouquets and figure out the favors.

Now for the social, most people don't do alot of decorating as the social is to make money. I am having a halloween social though so we need some decorations, i am going to make most of them myself. Maybe a graveyard with tombstones, pumpkins with candles on the tables, orange and black table cloths, caution tape, tree branches with the spider webs etc etc, i am sure i can do it fairly cheap. My mother in law also told me to get the meat in bulk for the luncheon as she has a slicer which i never even thought of  which will save quite a bit of money. She does her own catering so she knows about that stuff.

Can you tell i am really excited? He asked me the other day what i will do when the wedding and planning is over, i said plan our first year anniversary since our honeymoon will be planned in all this lol.

4 comments:

  1. wedding planning is so much fun! I remember those days fondly. I hope everything goes well for you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun!
    Loving the new background by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it reminds me of easter eggs lol. I thought spring colors will make me happy, hard to post a depressing blog when you look at these colors lol

    ReplyDelete