Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kindness

I have been reading alot of different blogs that are different from the blog i normally read. I don't normally read real-life blogs like this one if they are about every day stuff, but then i came to find alot of interesting people and it is nice to see how other people live & think. I also finish catching up on a blog before starting another one but always follow them, because it is nice to have followers, so i am a creeper too as i can't leave a comment until i get to the newest post once i am done catching up. That would just be messed up if i commented on posts years old ha! Anyways my point is there is lots out there lately that has got me thinking......

We are a pretty mean & cynical world. I am pretty mean with words, both for strangers & those who know me, for the ones that have hurt me it is usually because i have put up with so much shit from them before i react that there isn't really any nice way to go about something. I am pretty reasonable to start.

I make fun of people, i am going to admit it, do not jump on me, I am not necisarily judging people in the normal sense, that is the way it is in my town & i am just like the rest. I do NOT ever make fun of the challenged, but i do make fun of normal people's looks & clothing. I am a snob, yet friendly if that makes sense. I do have compassion though. I make fun of all kinds of people, no i am not insecure but ty for thinking i am (that's the usual response), i make fun off tall, skinny, short, ugly, beautiful etc etc, but never race either. There is a blogger out there who was the same way but probably worse than i am, he got that way due to years of being fat & bullying, now he is skinny, but even more so now he has an amazing outlook on life & his blog has grown to be a business, people even send him m & m's as payment for blogroll lol.

He does a beautiful people post once a week (he now sees everyone as being beautiful in one way or another) of peoples pics they submitted, he also did a silly dancing video that he made of himself & a bunch of followers dancing. On christmas day he went to the homeless part of town & while a little nervous got more people to let him take a video and they all danced. Now these are people left with NOTHING and he made them happy, they were all laughing, most look very normal, you would not know they were homeless, they were lucky they don't have to deal with our tempatures like homeless do in our climate.

How can simply going up to homeless strangers and asking them to dance make a difference. It did to them, now while i wouldn't try that in the big city next to me as the crime rate is unreal & the people on the streets do not trust at all and aren't friendly, plus most have substance abuse problems, up here the social system is very weird, anyways  it is such a wicked awesome idea. Of course safety first, he went with a group of friends but it did something to him as well. My town does not have a homeless shelter, and i only know of 1 homeless person who does not want help at all & he is not a beggar, he is an alcoholic that had (has) a family that can't help him, i wish we had a small shelter, because although i do not see them it doesn't mean they are not there, they just do a better job of blending in.

I wish i could trust enough to take this person in and give him a shower & a meal once in a while, or anyone else down for that matter, but i have very expensive things that i KNOW would go missing (no not judging but that is how it is here) hence why i wish for a shelter, if we got one i would volunteer all the time when i am off, no payment needed. Helping others feels awesome. I really need to work on not being so critical of others that i do not even know, especially since 8/10 times you will actually like the person if you ever come across them in a social setting.

When as a society did things get so bad, that you can not help a fellow human without being taken advantage of (happens all the time to me by friends too hence why i get rid of them), without worrying about being shot, stabbed, raped. You can not pull over these days to help someone on the side of the road, we broke down a mile from town a month or so, thank god for a farmer that pulled over, it was freezing that day & my 12 year old son was left at home for the first time (we weren't going to be that long) as he took us home and we got our other car. What if he hadn't helped us? we couldn't have the vehicle on for heat, it was over-heating, the antifreeze gelled up so needed water. Alot of people i know do not answer their phones or even hear them most of the time so to say we could have got someone to come get us might not necisarily have been the case. I can bet not many people would pull over in this day & age with cell phones. What about those people that look skeevy, but are the nicest people in the world.

I can only change myself but i have realised that i need big changes for this one & it is not going to be easy. I need to be nicer to my spouse too, not to say i am not nice to him, but we both get snappy, i need to work on that, with my son as well. Hopefully i can make small progress. After all i am now 26 days since i had my last cig, if i can do that i can do anything. Weight loss next, after winter, i get the blahs really bad.

7 comments:

  1. I am from Canada too, and I'm not sure what you are talking about with us having a "very weird" social system. If by very weird you mean the envy of most countries - great health care for the homeless and taxpayers alike, countless options for drug rehab and numerous programs for living with addictions. Then I agree that it is weird as most countries cannot afford such things I am proud to live somewhere that can regardless of how my income / property is taxed.

    I'm sorry if that sounds rude, I am really loving your blog so far and think that it is awsome that you are willing to share what you do with complete strangers. But as someone who has dealt with may "at risk" people I wish it was more obvious to the general public how much money actually goes towards them. There have been thousands of additional beds (apartments, homes, acute care facilities) constructed in just the past few years for homeless, special needs (this includes health and addiction needs) and low income.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Kat, i did not want to state futher for fear of backlash but i will, by weird i didn't mean they could not get their needs met very easy, I meant too easy, social assistance is abused so bad and the ones that truely need it get stiffed, in the fact that they can barely cover rent.

    There are some that are just down on their luck, and some that DO NOT WANT to get up. Some have no choice, and some made the choice to live a life full od drugs and alchohol.

    The ones my post is geared towards are the ones that have fallen on bad times due to circumstances whatever they may be that have nothing to do with addictions, and by here i meant my province, i don't know what it is like in other provinces but here is very, very skeevy to go anywhere downtime despite the # of beautiful attactions.

    The panhandlers are making the homeless people look bad as well, most that use the shelters are not out there trying to wash peoples windows with dirty piss water as they are stopped for a light and getting aggressive with them etc. etc.Most homeless people have a hard time getting a job too without a proper address, and assistance gives them 243 for rent, can't find much for that to help them not be homeless.

    that can be a whole nother post, i know my direction jumps, i go off the top of my head not in perfect order lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way the one guy that i know of that is homeless in my town does NOT ever ask for a hand, money, does NOT want "charity" he picks up beer bottles, loose change to get his money for booze. Speaking of which i haven't seen him in a long time, but everyone knows him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry I get all out of order when I am talking about these kinda things as well... or anything for that matter :)

    You make good points.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you have a new post since this one so I'm not sure if you'll see this.

    I don't have a blog, I will probally start one at some point but for now I'm just stalking!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love comments and i never want to forget anyone that is why i have to approve the comments, so that i know i have them lol.

    I was a stalker too for the past 2 years but was itchin to have one of my own lol

    ReplyDelete