My weekend has been ok, not what i expected though. I know a lot of people say your bridesmaids only have to buy the dress and show up but really, that is not the case. If i wanted that i would hire pretty people to appear in pics and that be it. Instead i have pretty people from my real life, we are having a social as well as the wedding, i have mentioned it before. The social is normally taken care of by the wedding party solely but i am doing a lot of the work myself, that is the way i am. We need to get the letters out for silent auction prizes, so i got it done thursday so we could get it figured out this weekend. Of course nothing goes the way you plan.
My one bridesmaid that comes over every 2nd friday tells me thursday she got invited to a housewarming at her daughter's siblings house, out of town. That is fine, i can wait i thought, i can get it figured out with the other one and fill her in later. Didn't happen, the other one is flaky, she was supposed to come over friday night, but we were going to bed early and that was not enough time for her, so she said how about sat, i said fine but has to be during the day. I didn't hear from her ALL day, seriously, if you had other plans you just have to say so, we talk every day so when you don't contact me i know that you are purposefully ignoring me because you don't want to explain you not coming. I don't care about an explanation, i just want you to have manners and tell me.
Is that such a foreign concept these days? Manners & courtesy??? I seem to think so because i KNOW that i am the only one in my circle that has them as much as i do. I am not saying i am better than everyone, not at all but when it comes to courtesy i am thru the roof. If i am busy when you text, i say so. If i don't know what to respond with i will at least put something. If you send me an email, i will reply. Those are just examples, it seems in this busy, fast pace world we tend to forget what it is really all about.
I don't think i mentioned this or not but i found my Tiara for a fraction of the cost, i know you can get them online for cheaper but i don't trust that. I am also getting my veil online for EXTREMELY cheap but i do know other people that got them off that site and they loved em so for that cheap i can try it out, i won't be wasting much money if i don't like it but i am sure it is fine. I picked out my necklace/earrings too but i need a job before i go buying that. My outfit is almost set, i just need a Bolero jacket & i am good.
Sorry to hear about your bridesmaids, when I got married I had all relatives and my best friend from grade school so it was pretty smooth.. Maybe let your maid of honor start directing the others. That's what I did and it seemed to work!! She would give out jobs then run the finished product by me to make sure I liked it:) good luck!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice, she is focusing on her brother's wedding (rightfully so) but when it is over in July she will focus on mine. She also lives 5 hours away and has a brain tumor right now and doesn't drive so we have to pick her up which isn't always easy to work out lol.
ReplyDeleteWe will get it figured out and i think my MOH will be taking over in the next couple months, i think she can do a pretty good job from the computer.