Man oh man what did i do before when i did not own a car? My car was broke & had to be pulled to a shop on Wednesday, i was LOST i tell ya, lost. Thankfully they figured it out and we got it back yesterday but G works all weekend and i was soooooo worried that i would be stuck without a car. He works 30 minutes from home and there is no way i would have drove him and picked him up, that would be an extra hour on the day starting at 6:30 am. No thank you i would have done without but it would have sucked.
That reminds me, what did we do before cell phones?? I remember when i had no cell phone, that was 8 or 9 years ago, i never thought twice about it because it was normal not to have one. They were not popular then and there was only the big chunky models, not the thousands of phones we have now a days (exaggeration i know). I can NOT go without my phone either or i am totally lost, someone stole my phone a couple months back and i had to wait almost a week to get a loaner in the mail, that was tough. The worst part was my fiance being stranded in the storm and me having no phone, thank god for email to phone. We got a house phone the following week.
What did we do before facebook? I am not on it as much as before but i have messages/comments coming to my cell phone so that helps. I do not subscribe to status updates though. Facebook has made things sooooooo easy i can't remember what i did before that. Email??? lol.
What about blogger to get your feelings out? There was some diary thing i used to use but that was bunk compared to blogger.
How did people plan weddings without the knot? I have learned so much from that site? I would probably have a hillbilly offensive wedding if i did not know some of the major faux pas. Some of the rules i will be breaking though, like the open bar. It is NOT a faux pas up here, it is only paid for if the people getting married have money or if a parent pays for the bar. I have been to only 2 weddings that have had an open bar and both have had parents pay for it. Unfortunately we do not have that option and NO one will expect any different. We are just having a toonie bar though, not looking to make money, just to pay for the alcohol.
I could go on and on about what did we do but those are the main ones that would affect me.
hey!! thank you for your comment! No, we have not set a date.. we just know sometime next summer probably in may or early june. I see you are engaged as well.. how is your planning coming along?
ReplyDeleteYour welcome, The planning is coming along really well, i have all the big things done except for rings, our date is June 30, 2012.
ReplyDeletehaha it is crazy to think about the things we "can't" live without
ReplyDeleteand in response to your question, my due date is Aug. 7!!
Ya it is, exciting, exactly 2 months!
ReplyDelete