Good Day my pretties!!! Todays post is going to have a few things, and I am writing another post to pop up in the middle of the week next week while I am working my night shift tonight. Yup, I am a sucker for punishment LOL. This post took a turn of it's own and I don't want all my news to get mixed in the dump so I am also going to write a 3rd post **I ended up with 7 posts scheduled**. See what happens when I have free time? I can blog. LOL.
My day started at 7:30 am and I had a 30 minute drive to my last day at the municipal office which was sad. Those people were great, like seriously the best morale of any office I've come across. 6 of us went out for the pizza hut buffet today and my boss bought my lunch. I then drove 30 minutes home getting there at 5:30 to pick up my husband to come back to Portage. We won't be coming back much after we remove the rest of our belongings from the house next weekend. We got here about 7:20. I planned to have a nap but we still had to have supper. I also got some really great news after having a very nervous stomach all day so I just knew I couldn't sleep.
We went for supper to Boston Pizza. I wanted ribs and I had won $25 GC for there so supper cost me 17$ with tip woohoo. Service sucked though, they never have enough servers on for how busy they are. I don't blame the servers......I blame management. By the time we were done it was after 8:30 so I took my husband and the dog to his brother's which is why he wanted to come to Portage. I then went to Walmart, yes walmart. That is virtually the only store for shopping in this town of 13k people. We don't have a mall anymore, all the stores closed. There are a handful of mom and pop places that close at 6 but..............I just wanted some time to myself, to look around.
I didn't buy much but still spent over $100 plus bought my sister a $50 GC for all her extra hard work helping my husband while I was sick. She deserves it. She knows that I have something for her but not what. I am taking them out for $40 Lobster dinners at Red lobster (yes, Canadian restaurants are expensive)..........well those are for her BF and my husband who both love seafood. My sister and I, not so much so I needed to do something extra for her. If I have the means I will always show my appreciation in a monetary way to go with the multiple thanks. My sis knows how much I appreciated her help with the painting.
That took me till 10pm and I started a night shift at 11pm. I get off at 7. By the time we leave town it will be minimum 7:30 but more like 8. We have a 1.5 hour drive and have to stop somewhere to eat. There is a great diner about 1/2 way so it will be like 10 before I get home making that a 26.5 hour day. Ya, crazy. Most people do not read blogs on the weekends so I hope you all had a great weekend. I know mine will be very very good :). If only I didn't need to sleep tomorrow, it would be even better lol.
I'm glad you sound so happy:) congratulations on all your accomplishments lately. I think it is awesome you are so thankful!!
ReplyDeletethanks!
DeleteI will always be thankful and appreciative. I can't always show monetary gain but if I can, I will. I am a giver!!! I get great pleasure and joy from seeing the looks on people's faces, especially if they are not expecting it.
Busy, busy!! Exciting changes are happening!! mum
ReplyDeleteYes mum, stay tuned. It took me 6 posts to get it all out because i am way too wordy!
DeleteLOL...I think we would be great friends! mum
DeleteI know we would be!
DeleteI am going to get another post up with my great news for today. I think I have enough posts up for 3 weeks.